I’m very happy everytime I received a news from somebody telling me that a french national will be marrying a filipina in the next months. Though paperworks are quite frustrating at times, but normal because it’s our only passport to legalize everything. So your choice is to follow the rules.

Here are the documents you need to submit in order to obtain a marriage license from your lady’s hometown:
1. Birth certificate (new) – 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
2. CENOMAR (singleness) – issubed by NSO – 1 orig & 1 xerox copy
3. Certificate of Attendance – your lady’s hometown where you’ll be having your marriage seminar -1 orig & 1 xerox copy
4. Barangay Certificate – 1 orig & 1 xerox copy
5. CEDULA – 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
6. For ages 18-24 – appearance of both parents with valid I.D

1. Death certificate of deceased spouse
- 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
2. CENOMAR -from NSO
- 1 orig & 1 xerox copy
3. CEDULA (latest) – 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
4. Barangay Certificate – 1 orig & 1 xerox copy

1. CENOMAR- from NSO – 1 orig & 1 xerox copy
2. Certificate of Finality from the Courth – 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
3. Certificate of Registration from the LCR – 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
4. CEDULA (latest) – 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
5. Brgy. Certificate – 1 orig & 1 xerox copy

1. Passport I.D- 2 xerox copies
2. Date of Arrival (latest) 2 xerox copies
3. Legal capacity – issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials – 1 orig & 3 xerox copies
4. CENOMAR – from NSO – 1 orig & 1 xerox copy
5. If divorced, judicial decree of absolute divorce – 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
6. If widow/widower – death certificate of deceased spouse – 1 orig & 2 xerox copies

- for naturalized citizens – bring orig & xerox copies of naturalization papers
- at least one of the applicants is a resident from Philippines

Just a piece of advice, reserve a day (you and  your partner) for the seminar. It’s obligatory! Though it’s possible to avoid this by paying somebody like your lawyer/attorney to do it for you but you’ll save a lot of moolaaah if you won’t be hiring anyone. I mean, the process are all the same. It’s your lady who’ll be getting all these documents and not that person you’re hiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

459 Comments so far »

  1. by Leah Dominguiano-Dela Cruz, on October 8 2008 @ 9:09 am


    hi, im really glad that you have posted what you have learned during your wedding preps. it is what im currently doing for my friends. i have been helping them with all their requirements regarding wedding as i myself got married this march 2008 at boracay. it was a bit of a hassle as my husband and i are both in overseas, we are actually based here in singapore so all the information that i have been getting are from the web. well, hope to hear from you. thanks and have a blessed day. leah

    Leah Dominguiano-Dela Cruz’s last blog post..What we have been doin’

  2. by Nova, on October 8 2008 @ 3:10 pm


    nice, paras pud no… i love to hear when someone is getting married jud… heheheh…well, in order to have a peaceful and lawful papers, we have to follow the rules as it is the only way to make everything possible…

    daut pud ning immigration diri day, daghan kayog arte pait…

    duna koy tag para nimo sa akong page, please do check ug di naka busy….

  3. by brice febvre, on October 10 2008 @ 4:20 am


    thank you so much for replying so quickly , your informations were really helpfull .
    i actually have been already in he PI last february for five weeks , since i know my promise which was april 2007 , i alqo kept all the mails and tecyes shesent me and this november i m flying there for three weeks wherei ll officially ask her to marry me but we ll do the papers in maynext year .i m 35 and she s 25 so it s a bit like you wi a mall age difference hehhe .
    how hard wa it for you to leave all your cultur and relatives behind? you must have found it difficult despite the love of your husband , for us it will be different as i ll be moving in the PI and set up a little buisness lik a restaurant with live music and when it s allet you can visit us in pagadian and enjoy the food for free as guest of honnor to thank you for the response .Anyway , if you wan , i ll pass by your blog sometime and tll you how things are improving , take good care of yourself and i wish you to find the job you deserve , bonne chance et a bientot sur le blog.

  4. by GLADYS, on February 23 2009 @ 11:12 am


    ive learned a lot about marriage license,,,im going to get married soon in british guy,,,by august…if we get married in church they need a baptismal…but hes not baptist in their country…so i want an advice what will i do first?or where we gonna marry?how about the ortodox?……..

  5. by Cherie, on February 25 2009 @ 12:48 pm


    good to know that this post of mine continues to help the couples out there who’ll be marrying in pi very soon :-). if there are any updates about the papers, pls lemme know and i’ll edit it or add it in my post.

  6. by aydz, on March 16 2009 @ 4:39 pm


    hi there! i’ve been checkin the internet and found your “very informative” site. i too will get married this april.. well as we are planning to have a civil wedding first since his scheduled to have a 3weeks vacation this april. i was just wondering how long to process these requirements? can he process his papers now while his still there? and when his here if we can submit his papers re legal capacity or cenomar to the municipality where we will get married and not go to the embassy anymore?
    i hope to hear from you soon… thanks in advance… your site really helped a lot! :)

  7. by aydz, on March 16 2009 @ 4:44 pm


    and by the way… is it required to apply for a spousal visa at the same time we will be submitting our requirements for our civil wedding? coz we’re not yet planning of me going there since i have to go back to work on board a ship. after this contract then i will process my spousal visa… as we planned.

  8. by ReDd, on June 7 2009 @ 9:53 pm


    You helped me alot and looking forward to get married with my fiance. Thanks alot. Have a nice time and enjoy life.

  9. by jasmin_bruno, on July 24 2009 @ 1:10 pm


    bonjour cherie i whant to know how long is for have a livret de famille my futur husband will come the 5 august i whant to know how long is for have certificat of legal capacity can you please give me all the information for how to process for the legal capacity and for the spouse visa merci beaucoup hope to hear from you soon

  10. by Cherie, on July 28 2009 @ 1:09 pm


    ReDd, youre very much welcome and best wishes

  11. by Cherie, on July 28 2009 @ 1:11 pm


    jasmin, you’ll surely have your legal capacity more than a month coz french administration has to post the marriage banns here in france. just have the patience and days will pass by so fast. i cant give you any precise nor exact time frame coz this is case to case basis. if you’ll have all the necessary papers, then there’ll be no problem

  12. by kibz, on August 15 2009 @ 10:46 am


    hi.anyone for help..what are the requirements for people getting married in PI who are both overseas residents? how can we comply on the requirement when one of the partners should be a PI resident?

  13. by Cherie, on August 15 2009 @ 10:03 pm


    Kibs, the requirements are all the same except if you are widowed or annulled. In that case, you need to submit your papers that you were annulled as a proof. if you guys are abroad and youre a filipino citizen and your partner is a foreigner, you can ask your mom or anyone in your relatives to get the necessary papers for you like your bc, singleness and etc from NSO. for the seminars, you really have to attend it together with your partner except if you’ll be hiring a lawyer and make an extra fee to avoid it.

  14. by analyn tayam, on August 31 2009 @ 5:21 pm


    hi:)iam marrying a danish guy this sept.we decided just civil wedding..and i got already his documents but its all xerox copied..he gonna come here this sept for 3 weeks..iniisip ko baka kulangin yung date kasi..iniisip ko na kaylangan kasama ko sya sa pag apply ng marriage license..sana matulungan nyo po ako:)

  15. by hershey, on September 24 2009 @ 12:15 am


    Hi, my fiance and I are residing overseas. If we apply for the marriage license together, is it also necessary to have it claimed let’s say by somebody else? Since we are working abroad, we can’t stay long in the Philippines and wait for 10 days for it to be issued. Also, with regards to the seminar, are we to get it the same day as we file our application? Thanks! :)

  16. by Cherie, on September 25 2009 @ 9:44 pm


    analyn, your bf is danish? seriously dont have any idea if pareho yung papers mo and my papers in applying for a legal capacity sa embassy. i would suggest na you call your husband’s embassy to really make sure. mine is french so baka magkaiba

  17. by Cherie, on September 25 2009 @ 9:47 pm


    hershey, i am not sure ha but i’d suggest you ask the embassy’s secretary about it. cguro pwde but you have to provide an authorization letter to that person who’ll claim for the legal capacity sa embassy. for the marriage license, madali lang but yung nga lang me seminar and it’s a whole day seminar. you have an option to avoid this by hiring a lawyer who’ll conduct your wedding and will work your entire papers pero mahal sya

  18. by Hazel, on October 14 2009 @ 10:37 am


    Yes I have the same question as Hershey, because we both work abroad. We are planning to go home at least 3 weeks before the wedding. Can we just ask somebody to process and apply for our marriage certificate and how about the seminar?

    I hope anybody can help us.


  19. by Cherie, on October 15 2009 @ 8:52 am


    hazel, actually you can hire an attorney for you who’ll do the entire processing for you and you wouldn’t have to undergo the seminar pero mahal sya. and para na ring youre the one working on the papers like for the nso bc of you and cenomar (singleness). actually thats what we did coz we didnt have enough time to be in the city plus at that time, my husband was in PI only for 2 weeks and the wedding wasn’t at the city too kaya my time at that moment was really divided. depende if youll be marrying sa church or civil pero sa church parang mas maraming seminar and you’ll really have to attend it

  20. by miko, on October 28 2009 @ 8:44 am


    hi cherrie, i hope you can help me. is their any age required to attend the seminar for the marriage license? is it true that age 25 up does not required seminar to get the license? thank you

  21. by Cherie, on October 28 2009 @ 9:30 am


    for the seminar, you OR your partner has to present a parent consent if you’re under ages 25 years of age. from 25 and above, then no need to present any parent’s consent and seminar will still be required.

  22. by Slyse, on October 29 2009 @ 6:08 am


    good day! thanks God i’ve found your blog. please can you help with this. I am married already but my first marriage does not indicate the marriage license, but actually we really did not get the marriage license kasi kailan na namin magpaksal ng husband ko kc pupunta cya in other country to work. it only indicate the article 34 of Executive Order209 in family code.

    Next yer we plan to get married again in the church, but I want to get the marriage license before the wedding. So what are the requirements needed in getting the marriage license since we are married already. are we required to have the seminar before getting the license?

    I am sorry this is quite long. Thank you hope you can help me with this.

  23. by Cherie, on October 30 2009 @ 11:35 am


    slyse, since you are already married before and you and your partner just want to have a church wedding, call your registrar’s office and ask them about it. maybe di nyo na kelangan to undergo the same process like what i experienced (first time marriage). ask the church also where you’ll get married for the seminars and the requirements. ive heard na there are different seminars you have to attend for church wedding but for confirmation, better give them a call

  24. by P@M, on November 2 2009 @ 3:53 pm


    Hi! I am also looking forward to getting married on June 2010. Thanks for sharing this piece of information. It had been very helpful.

  25. by jhane, on November 14 2009 @ 12:10 pm


    hi, im jhane..i have a french bf for more than 2 years now..he just came here last september of this year..we plan to get marry in france next year..since fiancee visa is already not existed..we need to apply for long visa..we would like to know what is the requirements we need to apply that visa..thank you..

  26. by Cherie, on November 14 2009 @ 1:30 pm


    jhane, thanks for leaving a comment here. for your question naman regarding long visa, i know nothing about it since i didnt apply for this one but as an advice, it will be better if you call french embassy sa makati and ask them about it. Or else, give them a visit para na rin you can ask them questions about long visa. pls share us your experience, that way the other pinays will have an idea about it din :-)

  27. by jhane, on November 14 2009 @ 1:49 pm


    yes, i called french embassy last monday and i asked about the long visa, but the guy just told me to just send a email to visa.ambafrance@manille.gmal.com but until now we still dont have a answer from them.

  28. by Cherie, on November 15 2009 @ 10:47 am


    jhane, you sent them an email already to that address? if yes, simply wait for their response this week. if you wont hear from them, give them a call coz theyre busy all the time. why dont you give them a visit personally? minsan kasi matagal silang magreply sa mails

  29. by Ailen, on December 11 2009 @ 12:36 pm


    Hi, im planing to get married in the Philippines with my bf from India, I just want to know what are the requirements. ( We are planning to marry in civil as he is not Christian) Please advice. Thank you.

  30. by Merly, on December 14 2009 @ 9:54 am


    hi…i hope u could help me.i have a french bf we just met in the net and he is coming this January,is it possilbe that we can get married first time he come? He is willing to spend many time in the Philippines as long as we go home together in France.I had search on the requirements and i know i will take many time to finish all.My questions are:
    –what is the step by step process for the legal capacity cert.?
    –Is there an interview first time we go to embassy?
    –Is it possible to get married first ttime he come?
    –how long is the processing of all papers and the waiting time for me to go France together with my husband?
    thank u so much and god bless

  31. by Cherie, on December 16 2009 @ 10:25 pm


    ailen, i dont know kung pareho requirements natin ha since your bf is indian but i guess to have the marriage certificate, those are the basics lang like you and your bf’s birth certificate, your cedula, yours and his certificate of singleness certified from the nso, his divorce paper in case he’s divorced. mga ganyan. call your area and ask an info about it. baka kasi they’ll be asking different thing

  32. by Cherie, on December 16 2009 @ 10:33 pm


    hi merly,

    thanks for the msg and its nice to know na you’ll be getting married soon. Congratulations! there’s no requirement na dapat you have to married after many times of meeting. the most important thing there is you guys loved eachother and have the necessary supporting papers na they’ll be asking you so my opinion, yes, you guys can get married by january as long as you have complied all the papers they ask from you.

    for the legal capacity, you and him have to go sa french embassy kasi he’ll be filling up a form there together with the other supporting docs. i dont know if same process pa rin ha pero thats what we did last 2006.

    me interview pero mga basics lang you know. its not necessarily an interview but its more like you and your partner could ask questions sa secretary and she’ll be asking when will be the wedding, where and stuffs like that. yun lang kaya wag ka matakot.

    waiting time for the processing of the entire papers will depend. its case to case basis so if you guys have the complete requirements in applying for spousal visa, then madali lang. but you have to wait for your livret de famille tapos you have to forward your marriage certificate pa sa nso kasi yung embassy will ask you for the certified true copy. no worries, time will pass by so fast

  33. by jhane, on December 30 2009 @ 9:14 am


    bonjour cherie, this is jhane ask q lang qng nkalagay b sa OR once nag apply nq ng visa ung register number ng application q?thnx..

  34. by Cherie, on January 3 2010 @ 3:13 pm


    hi jhane,

    sorry but i dont understand your question. what register number are you referring to?

  35. by Desire, on January 7 2010 @ 5:44 am



    This is Desire, I am filipina.I am residing now in USA.
    I just have a few questions, me and my husband an american citizen are planning to get married again in Philippines, specifically in Cebu.
    So what is the step for us to get married in philippines?
    What do we need to do first?
    What are the requirements to get the marriage license?
    What are the requirements to the church?
    And also did u go to the chancery office?
    What are the requirements to get the clearance from Chancery?
    It would be greatly appreciated if i hear back from you.
    thank you and have a great day!

  36. by maricho cutamora, on January 12 2010 @ 5:02 am


    hello and good day! i’m ms cho, nag se search po ako ng information about the requirement of marraige between filipina and japanese guyz kasi pareho namin hindi alam if kung ano ano yong dapat namin gawin, at nag papasalamat ako nakita ko yong web site nyo.at makakuha man lang ako ng some information,me and my japanese boyfriend are planning to marry upon makompleto namain ung mga dapat gawin kaya need naming malaman ung requiremment nya to for marrying filipina. sana mabigyan nyo ako ng information on how what should we do.kasi pareho kaming nag tatrabaho at lack kami ng information…im looking forward for the response soon…

  37. by Cherie, on January 12 2010 @ 9:12 am


    cho, no idea ako if pareho requirements natin ha but look for the FOREIGNERS section above. cguro pareho lang yung papers na you have to submit but to really make sure, its better na you give a call sa japanese embassy o consul. that way they could give you an advice and tell you the entire list of docs and the step by step process

  38. by sainra, on January 20 2010 @ 8:33 am


    hi thanks for posting this:)

  39. by Dax Aquino, on February 10 2010 @ 12:19 pm



    I have got married in 1994 to a civil wedding in the philippines then we got divorced in australia in 2007 with my ex wife. My gf is also married in methodist church before in the philippines then got divorced in australia on 2006. In Australia, if a couple has been living together more than a year, they are called in de facto relationship and it is the same as married. We have been living 2gether for 6 years now and planning to get married by april in the Philippines. If we get married here in Australia, we can legally get married here. We want to get married in the Philippines in the CHURCH. She has been asking me to marry her but she did not know that I am gonna surprise her with a wedding.

    1) Do we still need license to get married?
    2) do we have to attend seminar?
    3) Please help or tell what I suppose to know so that It will not be hard for us getting married

    Thanks in advance. please send me your answer to masonapo100@yahoo.com.au

  40. by cormae, on February 14 2010 @ 2:35 am


    i just want to ask something. My fiancee and I will be getting married on april 2010. I want to ask what are the requirements needed to be submitted at the Local Civil Registrar here in the Philippines because my fiancee cant appear personally during the application for marriage license because he will only go home 2 days before our wedding… please help me…

  41. by Cherie, on February 14 2010 @ 2:54 pm


    Dax, with your situation, I guess you and your partner still have to attend to seminar inorder to have a religous celebration. I mean, there are more seminars for religious wedding compared to a civil wedding. That what I think but give a call to the parish where you guys will be getting married and ask them for the requirements. I know nothing about religious wedding as I was married in PI on a civil wedding.

  42. by Cherie, on February 14 2010 @ 2:56 pm


    Cormae, requirements above are the docs that you’ll be submitting at your Local registry office. Actually, you can hire an attorney who’ll be conducting your wedding too (civil wedding) but it will cost you a fortune a little bit.

  43. by marilyn, on February 25 2010 @ 10:18 am


    Hi from cyprus,

    i’m currently seperated for almost 7 yrs.from my husband in philippines but not annuled yet..and at present im working in cyprus.i met a french guy in dating site and he wanted me to go to france..but we dont know what is the first step to do, so i can go there?
    pls. can you kindly give me an advise what to do? to enter france.and stay legally there and look forward to
    work there as well.

    many thanks..marilyn

  44. by Cherie, on February 25 2010 @ 10:24 pm


    marilyn, what are your plans about the visa? spousal? fiancé? tourist? visitor? i know nothing for the other visas except for the spousal visa lang kasi yan lang na experience ko. but if you’ll search it online or sa mga forums, mostly of the franco-philipino couples have said na mahirap kumuha ng visa except for spousal of course. Why? kasi maraming mga pinay na nilayan mga french once theyre already here sa europe. strikto pa naman sila dito especially when it comes to marriage blanc. better get annulled muna para you’ll be officially free pero tell him the truth regarding your situation. i have a friend who’s with a french guy too pero yung fren ko di pa sya annulled. luckily, yung french guy really stood by her side kahit na matagal at mahal ang processing for the annulment. it’s something na you should discuss to your partner. in some cases, he can easily visit you i think so let him visit you muna

  45. by sherly, on February 26 2010 @ 1:09 am


    hi cherie,good thing i found your site,co’z it helps a lot of people like me,to know some informationregarding this matter.By the way im a british citizen here in united kingdom pero im getting married sa atin,is there any other requirements ba to be done para at least makatulong dun sa magiging husband ko na makasunod siya agad sa kin sa u.k. pgbalik ko,please just let me know,regards sa site mo,it really helps lots of people.

  46. by Cherie, on February 26 2010 @ 9:43 am


    hello sherly,

    kahit na british citizen kna (i guess ur pinay ryt?), a part of u is still a filipino. double nationality kumbaga so i guess the papers that youll be presenting on ur part will be d same papers that ur partner will be submitting (if hes pinoy). thats my opinion ha pero let ur partner call the local registrars office for the confirmation of the requirements. better to be sure eka nga para walang delays in applying for a marriage license.

  47. by marilyn, on February 26 2010 @ 10:23 am


    hi cherie, thank you so much for your response..actually this frence guy is really planning to visit me here in cyprus..but he really wanted me to go to france with him,and stay together..so we plan even if we can’t get married yet, bcoz of my situation…atleast we will be together and i can stay with him for a while.and also i want to move in france coz my contract in cyprus is nearly
    finish…so i want to find a job there and work as well while im with him…
    so can you kindly tell me if its difficult to get a working visa to enter france?and how’s the procedures?

    thanks! marilyn xxx

  48. by len, on February 27 2010 @ 1:49 pm


    we are getting married in the philippines next year jan 2011! i was wondering how to do all the wedding documentations??? can we get a marriage license here in canada and use it in the philippines???
    i dont really know what to do??? seems like it will take too much time to get all the documentation done, when we only have a few weeks to stay.
    please help ! thanks

  49. by Daye, on March 16 2010 @ 5:49 pm


    Hi hello!!!….

    i would like to ask where should i do my birth certificate french translation and other documents to be translated in french…please i need some info about this…thanks

  50. by cherry, on March 17 2010 @ 4:43 pm


    hi i read some messages here.i just want to ask and hope u can gve me some ideas.i and my fuancee want to settle down next year and we want to have that marriage here in phils.we know the posssible requirements what my concern is he will be a filipino citizen also since he marry me.his a british and i am filipina.or dual citizen.

    looking forward of ur reply.


  51. by jenny, on March 22 2010 @ 3:10 pm


    just would like to have some answers for my query if you have an idea cherie. My fiancee is a norwegian and we’re planning to get married this aug 2010. he’ll arrive july 31 or aug 1. I’m just a bit confused since he’ll just be staying for 3 weeks here in philippines, in getting the marriage license ba hindi ka allowed to process it without him? kc as far as i know it will take 12 days before u’ll get the license plus you have to undergo seminar too.. worried lang ako if kaya ng 3 weeks lahat ksama na ang wedding sched and the whole process and preparation? thanks for reading.. wish to get any reply soon..

    best regards,

  52. by Cherie, on March 28 2010 @ 1:16 pm


    marilyn, im not discouraging you when it comes to working visa but go try it. kasi naman di ba its case to case basis and who knows baka you’ll be given one.

  53. by Cherie, on March 28 2010 @ 1:17 pm


    len, if youll be having a religious wedding, i guess the paperworks must be here in philippines pero di ako sure ha. for the papers, you can actually ask amember of your family to prepare the necessary papers for you para once youre here, all the papers are ready like bc and etc. yung medyo hassle lang is the legal capacity of your partner (if your partner is foreigner)

  54. by Cherie, on March 28 2010 @ 1:18 pm


    daye, you can have your papers translated sa alliance françase à manille in makati.

  55. by Cherie, on March 28 2010 @ 1:22 pm


    cherry, i got confused when you said na your partner will become a filipino citizen because he’ll be marrying you? its not possible i think na he’ll become a filipino citizen because of the marriage not unless he’s a filipino. i have friends anglo-filipino who got married in philippines and they easily got their papers basta kumpleto lang yung mga papers. yun lang ang sekret kasi pag me kulang, yun ung pinaka main reason kung bakit me delays kaagad. another hint, be friendly and smiling to the workers sa public office. a small gesture like offering something to that person who helped you will help you a lot also

  56. by Cherie, on March 28 2010 @ 1:23 pm


    for the marraige license, hmm pag kumpleto lang yung papers oks na pero if he could come with you, mas ok. 10 days banns yung marriage license. you can also hire an attorney who’ll help you process the papers pero mahal

  57. by Rina Baniqued, on March 30 2010 @ 8:16 am


    Hello i have a fiance from sweden and we want to have a marriage here in philippines but only in consulate of sweden.What requirements i need to get that MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE and what my fiance needs too?thanks

  58. by christianna, on April 1 2010 @ 1:26 am


    hi there- i’m a canadian female, getting married to my filipino fiance in two months. i have a quick question- do i have to be present in order for my fiance to apply for a marriage license? he has all my documents there with him, so is it possible that he goes himself to apply for the marriage license?
    also, what is a CENOMAR?
    thanks bye

  59. by tish, on April 21 2010 @ 7:26 pm


    HI i was just wondering for the CENOMAR in NSO for foreigners? because my fiance tried to called his embassy at US and said they don;t have the CENOMAR that will certify him that his single ..all we know is that we need to get the legal capacity to get married and the next process is the getting the marriage license..i’m really confused about this..please help me out in figuring this out..

  60. by Mel Villaluna, on April 25 2010 @ 11:52 pm


    Thanks for giving us this advise, there are lot of things needs to process before we can get Married It means a lot! Now it would be a lot easier for us. Thanks a bunch!

  61. by jeffrey, on April 26 2010 @ 6:57 am


    what are the requirements for australian woman, were going to marry here in the philippines i am filipino and she is filina and now she is australian citizen. pls help me for this. and she is annual to his husband.. pls help

  62. by Pierre, on April 27 2010 @ 12:02 pm


    How much does it cost to file for marriage at City all here e in Manila. I have all the documentations forms from my consulate c for myself and my future spouse. i’m just concern about the city hall filling cost. thanks

  63. by anne, on April 28 2010 @ 4:11 am


    i am a filipina,19 yrs old ..my hubbie and i had already a 3 yr. old daugther and we are planning to get married,,civil wedding or ksal sa west ba un?..wat are the requirements?and saan nmin siya lalakarin praa makapgpakasal?tnx really hoping for your response

  64. by jhane, on April 30 2010 @ 12:19 pm


    bonjour cherie!
    im here now at france for 3month and on may 29 i will get marry. ask q lang kc medyo nlilito aq s marriage license and marriage certificate. pablik ko s pilipinas ano b ang mga kailangan ko gawin pra mkpag apply ng spouce visa? kailangan ko b iregister ang ksal ko d2 s france s pinas? at anong marriage certificate ang kailangan ko ipakita s french embassy ang galing dito s france o galing pinas? merci!!

  65. by TJ, on May 1 2010 @ 12:06 pm


    Hello, Hope you are having a wonderful day so far. I hope u can help me with a few questions i have.
    we are getting married in the Philippines in Aug or Sept of 2010 i plan on retiring and living in the Philippines for good. i am a american. Once we are married, what happens to my visa? Our there any other fees i have to pay after we get married? What is all required of me to live in the Philippines once we are married?

  66. by Cherie, on May 2 2010 @ 12:20 am


    rina, i have no single idea about swedish requirements or anything but if you’ll be marrying in philippines, i guess the papers that you have to present are the same thing as stated above. if i remember well, the worker where we filed for the appication for marraige license told me that it’s the same thing. kindly have an eye on the documents i wrote above and your situatin. i mean if your partner is foreigner, divorced or widowed

  67. by Cherie, on May 2 2010 @ 12:23 am


    christianna, i guess all is well for your partner to do the processing. im not sure ha but let him ask the city hall where he’ll be submitting the application. naturally for the application of marriage license, you and your partner will attend a 1 day marriage seminar before the license will be issued. cenomar is certificate of no marriage record. you’ll have to sign the form also but no idea if the process is still the same right now. ours were last 2006 and hubby has to signed it so it was good that he was around.

  68. by Cherie, on May 2 2010 @ 12:25 am


    tish, cenomar is certificate of no marriage record. i guess they have a certificate or something like that (your bf’s country) but no idea how it is called. ask him if he could get one. in my case, hubby supplied me one tapos i had to get this paper also sa nso coz yung city hall wanted to make sure na my partner doesnt have any marraige record sa pinas so i really asked for 1 sa nso. authenticated one.

  69. by Cherie, on May 2 2010 @ 12:27 am


    jeffrey, pinay pa rin asawa mo kahit papano even if she has dual citizenship. the papers are still the same except i guess na she has to present a paper na shes never married sa australia as a proof na shes not connected sa kahit kanino.

  70. by Cherie, on May 2 2010 @ 12:30 am


    pierre, there are public attorneys anywhere who could conduct the marriage ceremony in the cityhall. for the fee, i have no single idea how much but i guess its not that expensive at all. im pretty sure ça va couter moins de 100 €. ask your partner to look for an attorney who’ll be conducting the ceremony. de toute façon, il faut le faire car c’est très important

  71. by Cherie, on May 2 2010 @ 12:30 am


    anne are you in pinas? infos regarding the docs are stated above. kindly read it

  72. by Cherie, on May 2 2010 @ 12:33 am


    jhane, ceremony mo will be here in france right? i guess you can apply for a spouse visa here sa france para di kana umuwi sa pinas. its just a thought ha. you still have to contact the philippine embassy sa paris to submit your marriage para mairecord yan sa pinas. pero just a thought, instead na bumalik ka sa pinas, once you have all the papers, call the embassy sa paris or i think you can really apply for a spouse visa here sa france as long as youre within the time frame. i mean before the expiry date of your stay here

  73. by Cherie, on May 2 2010 @ 12:36 am


    tj, i honestly dont have any idea regarding your questions but in my opinion ha, this is only an opinion ha but you can still make a research and call the embassy or anything. since youre an alien in philippines, you still have to ask for a long stay visa. i have no single idea how long will be the processing and how much it will cost but go at the US embassy or consulate and ask them about it. i guess it wouldn’t cost you that much.

  74. by jhane, on May 2 2010 @ 8:47 am


    ok merci,twagan q nlang ulit ung philippine embassy tomorrow kc most of the time wlang smsgot,ask q lang ang marriage certificate b d2 s france binibigay agd nila? and ano nmn ung marriage license? kc after the wedding i will still have 2 weeks, june 14 kc expiration ng visa q..

  75. by jhane, on May 5 2010 @ 1:46 pm


    bonjour,ask q lang if a spouse visa b is good for how many years? kc sv ng bb ko my kailangan p raw kme n irequest pra mag stay aq dito ng mga 10years pero hindi rin xa sure, pagkaalam nya rin kc ang spouse visa eh good for 1 or 2 years. merci and hope to can hear something on you soon.

  76. by Alva, on May 12 2010 @ 8:07 am


    hi, i have a bf(foreigner)2 years na kami,we decided to get married na this year but the prob is he only allowed to spend 1 week to go here in the phil. to get married pwede kaya namin matapos lahat ng req. at makasal within 1 week?
    were on our oldies na 37-40 age na kami.
    please help us. thanks

  77. by Bernadette, on May 12 2010 @ 8:23 am


    Hi te cherie.i just want to ask,about little things.because i plan having a marriage from my bf in philippines but am turning 21year old dis october 31.but we decide to get marry at october before oct 31.and im here in canada how could i attend a seminar if me is here in canada and he is in philippines..and how take long to process of papers to have a date of wedding?if i have 5weeks in pi.should i ask my tita help me to process our document 1 month before i am having a vacation in pi.so that when i there in pi there are no hassel..tnx hope u can help me.

  78. by Cherie, on May 12 2010 @ 10:43 pm


    jhane, for administrative paperworks, if you’ll be patient enough, then you’ll have the marriage certificate. dito kasi you have no choice but to wait ende katulad sa atin na pwde under the table para mabilisan ang proseso ng papers especially if you know somebody. dito walang ganyan so when you file a paper, your choice is to wait talaga.

    spouse visa is valid for 3 months only from the date you were given to have one. so within this time frame, you have to go sa anaem for the convocation and for you to have the carte de sejour. after nyan, job mo lang is to renew it every year. After 3 days of marriage, you’ll be renewing it again but this time it will be for a permanent resident card

  79. by Cherie, on May 12 2010 @ 10:45 pm


    alva, 1 week only??? im afraid na it’s too short to do all those things at the same time. what’s his nationality? if french, yung application for legal capacity pa nga lang will take 15 days minimum tapos me seminar pa and etc sa city hall for the marriage license tapos 10 days wedding banns pa. no idea how it goes for other nationalities kung mabilis pa to apply for legal capacity

  80. by jhane, on May 14 2010 @ 1:59 pm


    can u plz tell me what we will have to do step by step after the wedding? and do u think 2 weeks is enough to can apply a spouse visa? because im still allow to stay here for 2 weeks after the wedding.

  81. by jhane, on May 14 2010 @ 2:04 pm


    after 3 days of marriage? or maybe what u want to say is after 3 years of marriage? hehehe

  82. by jhane, on May 18 2010 @ 11:16 am


    bonjour cherie,
    I called philippine embassy in paris to ask about spouse visa if i can apply here in france after the wedding but they told me to go to prefecture de police to ask about it, but my one filipina friend here and her husband told me better to go to prefecture de police after the wedding and not before the wedding because maybe mabuliyaso kame, just want to ask if how long normally will it take before i will can have the marriage certificate? do u think 2 weeks is enough to can have it and to apply a spouse visa? because im still allow to stay here for 2 weeks after the wedding.Hope you will send me a email for your answer like that i can have your email address and to can chat sometimes. merci beaucoup..a bientot.

  83. by kitin, on May 19 2010 @ 8:24 pm


    hi there,

    my bf is turning 21 on September 24.. actually, were planning to get married next time he visits PI and that would be next year..I’m already 29yo..i know the age gap is sorta wide, but yeah, who cares..i don’t look my age anyway..lols.. so here’s my question- he’s an Aussie..what are the requirements on his part in order for him to be able to marry me here in the PI?ive read from the previous emails to u about parent’s consent since he’s under age 25. What other concerns to be considered?birth cert. perhaps? you think the Aust. embassy will allow him or will give him the doc. as a go tho he’s just 21? Please advise.. thanks and more power! :)


  84. by karen, on May 26 2010 @ 5:29 pm


    Hi ate
    Ask k lang kung saan place and seminar?They ask some papers ba for the whole day seminar?

  85. by karen, on May 26 2010 @ 5:36 pm


    Hi Ate
    Ask k lng kung saan mgseseminar for marriage application?ako lng b or kasama pa hubby ko for 1 day seminar?

  86. by maye, on June 11 2010 @ 11:14 am


    Hi,,ask ko po sna kung pano ba malalaman kung talagang naisakatuparan ang kasal sa civil at kung pano magkaron ng marriage license at ng marriage contract?magkaiba po ba un ?gusto ko po kasi malaman kung na process poba un sa Nso kahit di nalakad ng maayos ?pano po ba masisiguro kung talagang nakasal ang mag asawa?pls responce po ..thank u po,,

  87. by Ghiepie, on June 14 2010 @ 4:13 pm


    anung mga first requirements ang pwedeng ako na lang muna ang maglalakad dito habang wala pa un fiance ko…
    by december pa uwi nya for a month vacation lng.
    so little time..thats why i want to get some requirements na and apply it sa qchall, so lumalakad na un date..then,pagdating nya chaka lang cya mag-a-appear nlng sa qc hall.
    qc residents kmi preho.
    both of legal age.
    ty and regards

  88. by Ghiepie, on June 14 2010 @ 4:16 pm


    were planning for civil wedding lang po, same reqts lang ba un…?
    pwede ilan sponsors? may bayad po? how much?

    saglit lng b un? unlike sa church amlost an hour?

  89. by joy, on June 17 2010 @ 5:05 am


    hello iam joy from cebu iam badly neded of your help i’m getting married soon by July with my fiancee danish man our problem is the legal capacity nag agency ko regarding this but now the problem is we can’t get his legal capacity because they will asked me more supporting ducuments like divorce papers and certificate of epetement, i already have his divorce papers already but the certificate of empetement we dont have and he will already arrive here in cebu this coming june 29
    my question is where he will get his legal empetement
    in his place because he also dont know where he will get that papers, he will only stay here 3 weeks and we need to marry before he will back in his country so hope anyone can helped with me thanks and God bless us all,…

  90. by bunch, on June 24 2010 @ 9:09 am


    hi ate Cherie! good day! I am happy to hear that filipina’s are so lovable that’s why foreigners love them so much. I have italian boyfriend and we are planning to marry this year. the info’s above are helpful for us. I just wanna ask if how many days ang processing ng documents after the marriage. He is planning to take me in Italy pero we are still waiting for my visa. how many days do you think na mre-realease ung visa q after ng marriage. God bless!! I am hoping for a quick response. :)

  91. by jane, on July 2 2010 @ 12:09 pm


    hello po…pls help me po wer can i get the cenomar?im from cebu….thanks

  92. by Cherie, on July 2 2010 @ 10:49 pm


    @jhane, you and your partner must go naman talaga sa prefecture de police kasi dun ka submit ng mga papers for your visa. you cant apply the spouse visa if youre not legally married yet so kelangan punta ka sa prefecture after the wedding or else you wont be given the spouse visa. for the time frame, i cant tell you about that kasi case to case basis yan if you have all the necessary papers and etc. you have to wait talaga

  93. by Cherie, on July 2 2010 @ 10:51 pm


    @kittin, yes marriage consent for him. he is foreigner so take a look of the foreigner section above. normally yun ang mga basic papers na you have to submit ha pero to really make sure, call the aussie embassy para walang problema and di ka pabalik balik. mas mabuti yung sigurado kumabaga

  94. by Cherie, on July 3 2010 @ 11:33 pm


    @KAREN, sa registrar’s office in your area

  95. by Cherie, on July 3 2010 @ 11:36 pm


    @ghiepie: di kayo pwde ikasal pag wala kayong marriage license. docs to submit can be found above. pag meron na kayo nyan, you can present it sa attorney who’ll be conducting the ceremony ifever you’ll be having a civil wedding. you and your partner will be signing the marraige certificate during the ceremony so yun ang ifoforward mo sa registrar’s office in your area then so nso para magka record ka. they’ll then give you an authenticated copy of your mc

  96. by Cherie, on July 3 2010 @ 11:37 pm


    @joy: sorry but i have no single idea kung unsa ang certificate of empetement. let him call or ask the cityhall in his area. maybe thats the certificate of singleness? im not sure pero never i heard about it

  97. by Cherie, on July 3 2010 @ 11:38 pm


    @bunch: for italy docs, i have no idea kasi i havent tried applying for anything :-).

  98. by Robert, on July 17 2010 @ 1:36 pm


    Wow. Philippines is SO hard to get married! In the US, you only need ONE piece of paper!

    I have a question please about past marriage/divorced. Of all this hard paperwork, this paperwork alone can take 6 months. Do I really have to do it?

    I mean, how will anyone even know I used to be married?

    Thank you

  99. by MAYETH, on July 23 2010 @ 7:54 am


    hi! cherrie, good knowing that you’re happily married as well to french guy,yes, it’s really good to met someone that really love you with all his heart, well, I’m here just to ask only and i hope you can help me a bit about our requirements also that we need for our coming marriage, bcoz me and my current future american husband was planning to get married soon, so all we need was a bit help if all that documents that you posted here was the same requirements to all nationality that wanted to marry a filipina in the Philippines or there’s something different defends on their nationality, bcoz we’re also new about all this papers documentation, bcoz it’s my first time that i need to do all this papers, so I’m not so familiar about all this things,, bcoz my american fiance will asking me where to get all the papers that he needs to bring in the Philippines if we get married and what exactly those types of papers?..thank you very much and i hope you can help me about all this questions..have a great day to you and more blessings from our LORD upon on your family and marriage life…

  100. by Cherie, on July 24 2010 @ 8:29 pm


    @mayeth: kindly check the list of docs i wrote above. same lang mga papers na you have to submit in applying for a marriage license. the docs above are for civil wedding and no idea if the same docs ba to submit for religious wedding. ive heard na mas marami pa daw na docs na you have to submit pero im not sure about it.

  101. by divinne, on August 1 2010 @ 6:24 pm


    hi,pls ask ko lng,my bf ako tga uk pero divorce na cya sa x-wife nya pinay sa uk nya iniapply un divorce,ask ko lng kaylngan pa ba nya magpa athenticate sa nso,at local civil kung saan cya kinasal,pls help naman,or tama na un legal capacity nya na my athenticated ng uk foriegn ministry….at magkano po un mg hire ng lawyer pg di aattend ng seminar?

  102. by Cherie, on August 9 2010 @ 12:01 am


    @divine: for oyur question, i have no idea pero call your embassy para sigurado. kasi inmy case when we applied for marriage license, one of the requirements they asked us was an authenticated cenomar of hubby from france and sa nso to make sure na he’s not tied to anybody else. no idea if it will be the same thing pero ask your local registrar’s office if they’ll be needing it

  103. by myrla, on August 15 2010 @ 2:37 am


    pls help me i have a problem about the requirements for applying marriage here in phils.my fiancee is italian but living in australia and he dont have baptismal..baptismal is the one of the requirements when applying marriage here in phils.?or if he can get baptismal it should be translated in english…

  104. by Cherie, on August 15 2010 @ 9:05 pm


    myrla, if you guys will have civil ceremony, ende na kelangan ang baptismal. for religious wedding, i guess you really have to present one. is your partner catholic?

  105. by Leonard, on August 21 2010 @ 8:47 am


    Hi Cherie,

    I was searching some sites to give me ideas on the requirements in securing marriage license in the Philippines. And here I am in your blog and so far it gives me the idea.

    Plano namin ng girlfriend ko to get married next year. Hopefully in September 2011 since I will be taking up my vacation in August (just for two months). So are on the planning stage. Ang hirap kasi were both in different places. Me in the Middle East and she’s in Canada.

    My fiancee wants a simple wedding. Considering she has a big family and quite famous in their place, we decided not to get married on her birthplace. Is it possible to get married in Manila? Getting married in Manila would help us to shorten some necessary arrangements especially the reception as we planned to take the packages offered by hotels and we think it will minimize time and cost for us. I am a resident of Batangas and she was born in Cagayan Valley. I supposed the requirements would still be the same..

    Thanks for any ideas you will be imparting me..

  106. by marielle, on September 13 2010 @ 8:21 am


    hi. im marielle. i just want to ask about my worries. kasi po my boyfriend is an australian. he is 25 yrs old. hes coming this october 1 and will just stay for about ten days. we are planning to get married as he came here. the problem po is ten days lang po sya magsstay dito sa pilipinas. ang balak ko po sana asikasuhin na po ung mga papers na kailangan nmin at makakuha rin po ng marriage lisence para po pgdating nya nkaschedule na po and wedding nmin. is it possible na mangyari po ang ganun? ok lang po kaya kung ako lang po ung umatend ng seminar? i hope i can get an advice asap. im so so lack of time. thank you and god bless

  107. by aimee, on October 2 2010 @ 11:56 pm


    can i apply for the marriage license in the ph even if my husband to be is out of the country because of his work and he will just go home 1week before the weeding.

  108. by Cherie, on October 3 2010 @ 3:45 pm


    @Leonard; yes you can have the ceremony in Manila but you have to submit the docs first for the marriage license. Once you’ll have that, then you’re ready for the ceremony

  109. by Cherie, on October 3 2010 @ 3:48 pm


    @marielle: your bf has to sign somethin in marriage license form. tapos wait kayo 10 days for the marriage banns and you can have the ceremony kaagad onceyou’ll have the license. for the seminar, naturally dapat kayong dalawa ang dapat present pero i dont think that will be possible pag ikaw lang. EXCEPT, if you pay under the table ika nga and hire a judge to do the ceremony for you and do all the papers for you. yan possible

  110. by Cherie, on October 3 2010 @ 3:48 pm


    @aimee; your partner has to sign the marriage license application form

  111. by Ann, on October 5 2010 @ 8:20 am


    can I apply for my american boyfriend for his CENOMAR since he’s now in US?…pls reply as soon as u get this…Thanks…

  112. by Genesis talaban, on October 10 2010 @ 6:12 am


    I’m 23 years old…I’m a american citizeTon..my fiance is 26 years old…do I still need parent to be with me to get married..coz I find it crazy that I need them present when I’m already an adult..is there any other way..pls help?

  113. by Cherie, on October 10 2010 @ 12:38 pm


    @Genesis: yes you need to have a parent consent na your parents are aware of your decision. i find it stupid as well when I applied for marriage license no choice as it is one of their requirements. My mom had to sign something as proof na she’s aware of my plans.

  114. by Hannah, on October 12 2010 @ 12:13 am


    Hi Francine,
    I came across your blog post about the marriage process to a French national, and I would like to know some more information regarding it. I met a French guy almost 2 years ago and we are happily in love and would like to live together in France. He wants to marry me sometime next year and we will both be 23 by then. Since we are both between 18-24. I was just wondering if he will need his parents to be present for the marriage ceremony also. And, how long will it take to obtain the marriage license after the ceremony?

    Thanks for all of your advice and experience on your blog. I hope to hear from you soon so you can help me in this process and be finally reunited with l’amour de ma vie. If you want, it would be great if we can correspond by e-mail. Do not hesitate to send me an e-mail to the address I provided with this comment. =]

  115. by rochelle, on October 12 2010 @ 10:37 am


    hi cherrie..!!! thnx God iv found ur blog…uhm,my italian bf is coming over here in the phils. maybe next month..and he wants to marry me but we both dont know kung ano yung mga kakailanganin..ive been in our municipal registrar’s office yesterday and asked if ano yung dapat i-prepare..the incharge just told me that my bf only needs the legal capacity to marry and his passport, and mine are my birth certificate and cedula…now, i still want more information from you kasi parang di ako kuntento doon sa mga requirements na pina-prepare sa registrar..
    i look forward for your reply and please send me a message in my e-mail add..thank you and God bless…

  116. by rochelle, on October 12 2010 @ 11:08 am


    hello cherie!!!. thnx God ive found ur blog..!!uhm, just wanna ask more info if ano paba dapat naming i-prepare kasi yung italian bf ko is planning to come over here again in the phils. and want to marry me; but we both dont know kung ano pa ang mga requirements..ive been in the municipal civil registrar yesterday and the incharge told me that my bf only needs the legal capacity to marry and his passport, and mine are my birth certificate and cedula…pero parang di parin ako kuntento sa mga requirements na binigay niya sa akin…can u give me more info about it??? thnx much and i look forward for ur reply..God bless… shebangz_85@yahoo.com

  117. by aries, on October 14 2010 @ 1:05 pm


    hi,im a filipina n hav a singaporean bf,n were planning to get marry nxt yr…juz wnt to noe wat will b needed in getting ta legal capacity n how long does it take to get?

  118. by jesse, on October 18 2010 @ 7:59 am


    Hello !! thanks for this blogs i learned alot about my fiancee from France is coming on Dec not sure the date but i am curious about papers, well i just ask this because we are planning to have church wedding and we both catholic also, only my question is do you think 3 weeks stay here is enough for church wedding? thanks and more power

  119. by Cherie, on October 21 2010 @ 1:02 pm


    @Hannah: you are both minors (below 25) so both of you must submit this letter of consent signed by your parents. 1 letter of consent from your parents and 1 also for your bf. Medyo strikto pa naman jan sa atin about this. just secure that for him para sigurado kasi yan law sa atin

  120. by Cherie, on October 21 2010 @ 1:05 pm


    @rochelle: for foreigners naman, oo yan lang dapat isubmit except if he’s divorced kasi kelangan pa isubmit yung divorce copies nya as proof na he’ll be allowed to tie with somebody else. pinaka importante jan is his legal capacity. no idea if sa embassy nya if kelangan present talaga sya to applyy for it or if he could apply it in advance in his country, i mean sya asikaso tapos sya apply for this sa lugar nya. depende kasi so tell him to call the embassy para mas clear. sa french embassy kasi, kelangan both will be present kasi me pipirmahan pero sa inyo, no idea

  121. by Cherie, on October 21 2010 @ 1:06 pm


    @aries: hala for singaporeans, no idea how long will it take to have the legal capacity. mas madali lang siguro kasi nasa asia lang naman yan eh. im not sure ha pero call your embassy and ask them about it para sigurado

  122. by Cherie, on October 21 2010 @ 1:08 pm


    @jesse: 3 weeks? hmmm i guess if meron na kayong legal capacity. ang matagal lang naman about it is the legal capacity kasi papadala pa ng french embassy yung papers going to your fiance’s place tapos going back to pinas.

    if wala pa kayong legal capacity, 3 weeks stay wont be enough

  123. by ana, on October 27 2010 @ 5:38 am


    hello,,im ana im planning to marry with my britis bf,,, e already process cni in uk,,and pls tell me if its possible we exchnage his cni in british embassy manila,,and how we exchange it…pls help me,,,,,

  124. by jennifer, on October 28 2010 @ 11:00 am


    hello, i am about to marry with a peru national but has a permanent visa i japan..my problem is he will just stay here ing the philippines for two weeks. does anyone knows how long is the releasing of legal capacity from the peru embassy? and other problem is the marriege licensed..is it possible if we’re not going to attend the seminar and get a licensed asap? what should we do? can we get licensed in manila even my real hometown is in pampanga? pls help me ..i need advice..tnx…

  125. by joyP, on October 29 2010 @ 3:17 pm


    hi cherrie.. i am getting married is it possible for us to get married within 10 days? my fiancée is from US and he will stay only for not more than 12 days. i am 23 and he is 45 and we want to get married asap.. would tht be possible?.. can we just not attend the seminars and just pay for it for us to be able to get the certificate requirements?hoping for your fastest and soonest reply ehheh.. do you know anyone who’s willing to be paid for this?

  126. by ma.villa morales, on November 2 2010 @ 1:29 pm


    hi good evening…im ma.villa im planning to marry on dec 10 with my danish boyfriend .what kind of papers that i need? i have only 12 days holiday in phil.right now im in hongkong. kaya im so worry about this.
    pls help me…thank and god bless

  127. by pfizer ivy, on November 5 2010 @ 3:34 am


    hello! i need help! my Filipino Bf and i who is currently working in Europe are getting married on december. however, before he left, we were not able to apply for a marriage license. his schedule of coming back to the philippines is december 20 and our schedule for the wedding is dec.26. is it still possible for us to get a license without the 10-day posting in the local civil registrar??? How? pls help me…Thanx!

  128. by Hannah, on November 6 2010 @ 3:47 am


    Hi ate cheri,
    thanks for all your advice and help. I just want to know two things from your experience: How long did it take to process and receive your Marriage License/Certificate after the ceremony? How long did you wait before you got your visa after you applied at the embassy?

    I really appreciate it!

  129. by Mebbj, on November 18 2010 @ 10:04 pm


    Hi! I’m from Sweden. Me & my hubby planned to get married in a catholic church in our country on feb 2011. Since my hubby is divorced & married in a protestant church, so one of the requirements is a document of the Declaration of Nullity. I have just known today that it takes 1-2 years before my hubby can have that document. Is that true? We started processing the papers 2 months ago without the knowledge that it takes long process. Everything is planned for the wedding & the whole family of my hubby, a group of 14 are coming too & all our tickets are booked. What to do?

  130. by Cherie, on November 18 2010 @ 11:46 pm


    @ana: i dont have any ideas about british visa. if i remember well, a friend of mine applied her visa to an agency pero i cant remember the entire details kasi last 2002 pa yun

  131. by Cherie, on November 18 2010 @ 11:49 pm


    @jenifer: for spanish national, no idea pero i guess ende naman sila strikto. i had a friend before who got married to a guy from peru and if i remember well, they got their legal capacity fast. that was more than 8 years ago ha pero ask your partner to call his embassy in manila para sigurado. legal capacity lang naman ang matagal jan tapos you wait 10 days wedding banns. for the seminar, if you pay under the table kumbaga, possible na you wont be doing it anymore pero that is if you know somebody who could help you in this matter

  132. by Cherie, on November 18 2010 @ 11:51 pm


    @joyp: yes possible for you to get married within 10 days IF he already has his legal capacity. if yes, you go to the municipal hall in your area and submit your requirements (listed above) for the marriage license. wait for 10 days and you can have the wedding the same day na you’ll get the license. wheres your location? in my case, it was my judge who did everything so wala akong problema.

  133. by Cherie, on November 18 2010 @ 11:53 pm


    @mavilla: first very important requirement is the legal capacity. this is the number 1 very important document for foreigners if they wanna have their wedding sa pinas. mostly of the requirements are listed already above, foreigner section pero depende if he is divorced or widowed. if yes, then he has to prepare his divorce papers as proof na he is allowed to marry once again and etc;

  134. by Cherie, on November 18 2010 @ 11:54 pm


    @pfizer: 10 days wedding banns is a must

  135. by Cherie, on November 18 2010 @ 11:58 pm


    @hannah: i got our marriage license on the 10th day right after the 10 days wedding bans. for marriage certificate, you have to forward your marriage certificate pa sa nso main office para authenticated paper talaga sya kasi yan ang kelangan. if wala kang kakilala, you’ll be waiting mga a month or more. i did mine sa nso pasay and it was so mabilis lang. i had it electronic endorsement in theh morning ( i went there very early) at i got the copies around 2 pm. for the spouse visa, i got it 30 minutes after i submitted my form. actually, i was filling up my form when i was chatting the consul so they were checking all the entries if correct and was observing. basic infos lang like your name, address and etc. at present time, i hear from somebody na medyo matagal daw pero no idea tapos case to case basis din yan. if you have all the documents they’re asking you, then i dont see any problem for you to have the spousal visa

  136. by Cherie, on November 18 2010 @ 11:59 pm


    @mebbi: declaration of nullity? his divorce papers will do i guess

  137. by sha, on November 20 2010 @ 1:07 pm


    hi!i just wanna know something.nakapag file na me ng marriage licence pero to be follow ang legal capacity,pwde ba yun?pagdating ng fiancee ko is sa pa lng kuha ng legal capacity and we plan to get married after 4 days.is that valid?wla po ba maging problema nyan?please help me…than you.

  138. by karen, on November 26 2010 @ 9:29 am


    hi ate cher…
    ask lng ako pano mgfile ng marriage license,anong requirements atska saan s maynila…merci

  139. by Cherie, on November 26 2010 @ 10:26 am


    @kittin: ha? they allowed you to file the legal capacity without it? swerte mo naman. ano nationality ng bf mo? depende kasi if mabilis nyo lang makuha ang legal capacity. siguro pwde to follow lang ang LC pero in my own opinion, they wont publish the wedding banns yet pag ende kumpleto yung requirements mo. after the 10 days wedding banns, pwde na kayo pakasal nyan

  140. by Cherie, on November 26 2010 @ 10:27 am


    @karen: you’ll find the infos above mam

  141. by maricel, on December 11 2010 @ 4:06 pm


    hi cherie good pm,im maricel im a pilipina. We are planning to get merried with my boyfriend and wala pa kaming exact date if when he live in france. And i want to know kong anong requirements ang kailangan ko? Is that what i needed from the top po ba? thank you

  142. by cel, on December 12 2010 @ 10:08 am


    bonjour cherie we need a lot of info from you bout what are we goin to do bout the requirements? and for how long need to wait? i really don’t have an idea bout this merriage. my boyfriend tried to post a comment in this site but it’s block po sa barko nila. our situation right now is to difficult coz he work in a french navy and he cant help me to ask you about more info’s. hope if you read this comment you can send me in my email more info’s and more advice.je vous remercie beaucoup et que Dieu vous bénisse

  143. by Cherie, on December 12 2010 @ 7:05 pm


    @maricel, documents listed above are the requirements in applying for a marriage license.

    check this also for legal capacity


  144. by Cherie, on December 12 2010 @ 7:08 pm


    @cel: before you’ll be able to apply for marriage license, he has to get his legal capacity. check this here http://mon-bric-a-brac.com/?p=836

    after that, documents listed above are for marriage license para maikasal kayo. check the documents and gather them 3 months before you guys will be applying kasi the documents must be 3 months old maximum.

  145. by ma.villa morales, on December 29 2010 @ 12:24 am


    hi che thanks your nice mail to me…sa wakas im already married with my danish husband with out any problem about papers…..we god maried last dec 13,2010 in civil…..
    take care and happy new year to u and ur family.
    God bless

  146. by Cherie, on December 29 2010 @ 1:48 pm


    thanks and same to you. happy new year

  147. by jamielle, on December 30 2010 @ 5:44 am


    hi!i have a question to ask…me and my boyfriend have been living together but we’re planning to get married the problem is he’s still married but separated it really takes time before he can get the divorce paper..we just wanted to be legal as a married couple bcoz of the requirement required in middle east.. is there any place that can recommend as in phils. to get married first?


  148. by trixy Padz, on January 1 2011 @ 7:00 pm


    hello cherie.. im so thankful to be part of this page.:) i just wanna ask about fiancee visa. my bf plans to visit me this coming March 2011 for 3 weeks only.. He is from London. we plan to get married under civil wedding.. we both in legal age naman. is civil wedding will help us to make fiancee visa easier to avail? looking forward from your response.. tnx.:)

  149. by Cherie, on January 1 2011 @ 10:22 pm


    @jamielle: your partner will still be considered married unless he’ll be legally divorced. your only choice is to wait until he’ll have the papers. they’ll be asking you for his divorce papers in applying for the license so you can’t escape it.

  150. by Cherie, on January 1 2011 @ 10:24 pm


    @trixy: for british fiancee visa, i have no ideas about it. better call your british embassy and ask them about it. sorry but i cant help you regarding this matter coz i never applied for a british visa and then, each embassy is different. if i remember well, a friend of mine back in 2003, it was easy for her to have her visa but at present time, no idea if same pa or if they’re strict

  151. by hicham, on January 3 2011 @ 3:52 pm


    ilike the phillipinos regulations,ihave a question if you permetted to me : my wife is a phillipinas she is living in philliines i have a kids with her am living in qatar am moroccan citizen i wanna khnew which paper required their to get marry her because right we didnt yet marry ,
    many thanks

    hicham’s last blog post..Welcome Year 2011

  152. by noemi, on January 4 2011 @ 12:28 pm


    hi ate cherie! belated meri xmas and happy new year!
    i just wanna ask some information..my bf and i where plan to get married this year here in phil!..he”s from budapest Hungary part of europe….i asking about legal capacity..siya na po b ung magda2la nun sa pagpunta nya dito gling sa country nila and sya n po mgapply nun doon or do we need to apply n kaming dalawa personally dito sa pinas?i hope i can hear your reply soon..tnx! GODBLESS

  153. by ann, on January 5 2011 @ 10:04 am


    thanks for helping lots of pilipina who’s having a problem when it comes to marrying a foreign lovers,,..Proud to be filipino!…GOD speed!..tc

  154. by zenaida sacome, on January 5 2011 @ 1:40 pm


    Hi i have a question, my fiancee is a US residence only and we’re planning to get married.. my question is what type of visa we’re going to apply? thanks…waiting for your reply..

    Zenaida Sacome

  155. by iminlove, on January 6 2011 @ 11:32 pm


    hi me and my boyfriend is planning to get married (civil only) at the age of 21, were both 18 now and turn 19 in a months time. i just wanna ask how can we get married if my boyfriend is in italy and im here in the philippines and he can’t go home because of his studies is it possible for us to get married without his appearance in the judge?

  156. by Cherie, on January 9 2011 @ 8:40 pm


    @hickham: documents are already listed above but submit the one’s basing your present status. i mean if your divorced/widowed before. papers above are the things that you’ll be submitting in applying for marriage license. since youre foreigner, they’ll be asking for your legal capacity. have a call at your embassy in philippines and ask them how to comply one

  157. by Cherie, on January 9 2011 @ 8:41 pm


    @zenaida: if you and your partner will be getting married in pinas, then you’ll be applying for spousal visa, after your marriage and once all your papers are done. if you guys are planning to marry in US, then you’ll be applying for K1 or fiancée visa. it’s the opposite in US coz fiancée visa is after compared sa spousal visa

  158. by Cherie, on January 9 2011 @ 8:43 pm


    @iminlove: ha? how will you guys get legally married if he won’t be coming? that’s impossible. you both will be considered underage for marriage so you have to fill up a parent’s consent in applying for marriage license and this consent will be signed by your parent/parents and same as your partner.

  159. by natalia, on January 11 2011 @ 12:40 pm


    hello cherie. I have a schengen visa good for 3 months until this january 25,2010. Last December 18,2010 I got married here in Bron France. this january 25 i will go back to pinas and on 26th i will go to french embassy to report that im back in pinas. Ask ko lang puwede ba na pagpunta ko doon ay mag apply agad ako ng spouse visa? Yong kasal ko dito w/my husband kailangan ba na ireport ko pa ito sa philippine embassy dito sa france? Is a spouse visa good for one year stay in france? Yong passport surname ko pala is still yong pagkadalaga ko pa need ba na kumuha ako ng bagong passport kasi i want na gamitin ang surname ng husband ko.
    I would surely appreciate to get a reply from you. Thanks in advance.

  160. by Che, on January 17 2011 @ 5:38 am


    Hi Cherie,

    My sister who is currently working in the US and her boyfried (a swedish national) plan to have a church wedding in May. If they are civilly married in the US, are they still required to file a marriage license here or just the contract will do?

  161. by rj, on January 18 2011 @ 8:05 am


    san po kumukuha ng legal capacity, im planning to married din my gf, kasu valid pa daw yung marriage nya dito sa pinas, kelangan daw ng legal capacity para makasal, nasa japan sya ngayon, pwedi bang ako kumuha ng legal capacity at saan nakakakuha nun?

  162. by Cherie, on January 19 2011 @ 8:57 am


    @natalia: spouse visa is good only for 3 months. so within this time frame, you have to report yourself sa ANAEM, agency sya responsible for the immigrants like us para makapag apply ka for carte de sejour and this will be valid for 1 year. since youre married here in france, hmmm i guess you have to report yourself sa french embassy and carry it with you your marriage certificate from nantes as proof na the ceremony was held here. no idea if embassy sa manila will be the one who’ll issue you the livret de famille or you can have it sa france. let your hubby make some calls here kasi family book will be one of the requirements.

  163. by Cherie, on January 19 2011 @ 8:58 am


    @che: hmmmm not sure about that case if they’ll be required to apply for marriage license. which province sila ikakasal? try to give your local registrar’s office a call para sigurado. im not sure about this

  164. by Cherie, on January 19 2011 @ 9:00 am


    @rj: bf mo is foreigner? he has to ask it sa embassy nya. based from the news i hear from other pinays, di sya pwde ikasal to other woman if marriage nya is not void yet.

  165. by dulce amor reyes, on January 21 2011 @ 4:00 am


    good am! can a marriage license be release on the same day of filling for an application for it? is that possible. i have recently read the contents of the family code and based from my understanding that it would take a ten-day period upon application for the marriage license prior to its release.both of us are catholic,we never lived together prior to our civil wedding. and i never submitted any of those requirements listed above with regards to filling for an application for a marriage license…would my marriage be considered void because we did not follow the procedures needed prior to getting married.i hope u can help and advise me…thanks

  166. by jay r, on January 23 2011 @ 10:39 am


    hi good afternoon i just want to ask some question cause me and my gf are planing to marriage this coming month but we are having a problem because our vacation is only one week so how can we arrange this situation

  167. by intet, on February 1 2011 @ 6:44 am


    how to renew a marriage license.. it has already expired..please help.. what documents do i need to secure?

  168. by Cherie, on February 3 2011 @ 9:29 pm


    @dulce: you can’t have the marriage license kaagad. there’s this 10 days marriage banns tapos saka mo pa sya maclaim after this. in my understanding, you were married civil right? ifyes, then its ok

  169. by Cherie, on February 3 2011 @ 9:30 pm


    @jay-r: i cant help you with that. for your wedding, there are documents to submit and documents to comply inorder to have the papers needed. you can either ask any of your family to get it for you like for example your authenticatd birth certificate and etc. for my marriage license, you and your partner must be present for the seminar

  170. by cotchie, on February 5 2011 @ 8:47 am


    pwede bang makasal ng wrong ang gender sa nso, dapat female pero male po ang naka register .thanks

  171. by frances, on February 6 2011 @ 8:20 am


    hi there! me and my fiance are planning to have our wedding this coming april both of us reside here in the US i understand that there is a process of obtaining the marriage license which is the 10 days waiting period. this is getting me so frustrated at this time, can the 10 days wait period start even without us present in pinas? i am really getting so frustrated about this . . . we need help please

  172. by kelvin, on February 6 2011 @ 11:16 am


    mam ask ko lng po of yung singleness and legal capacity to marry is the same?kasi po i have a fiance who is spaniards.ngayon may idea ba kayo if what mga requirements doon sa embassy para makasal kami doon?thank you po mam!

  173. by Cherie, on February 10 2011 @ 3:50 pm


    cotchie: hmmm hala, ito talagang mga taong to who are responsible in typing in the infos of the people. laging me mali. dyos ko naman. for your question, pwde pero i guess dapat mo pa ipaayos birth certificate mo para maging female yung gender. punta ka sa local registrar’s office in your area and ask them about it.

  174. by Cherie, on February 10 2011 @ 3:52 pm


    frances: 10 days waiting banns is obligatory. you can’t escape this except for the seminars (under the table). yes pwde na this 10 days waiting bann na wala kayo dito pero remember, before they’ll post your 10 days waiting banns, you and your partner must be present in submitting the documents in application to marriage license. so kahit na uwi pa kayo sa US after the submission and go back after, still it’s useless

  175. by Cherie, on February 10 2011 @ 3:58 pm


    kelvin: for foreigners, legal capacity is always required and may be obtained sa embassy of your partner depending on his/her nationality. he’s in spain right? i cant give you the infos for that kasi ive never been there pa sa spain and i dont have any idea about it pero para sigurado, let him ask sa country niya

  176. by kelvin, on February 12 2011 @ 9:23 am


    thank you po mam..it`s really hard to process kasi po super laki ng pagkakaiba ng spanish embassy sa different embassies..2-3months before they can give my fiance a LCM.

  177. by Cherie, on February 15 2011 @ 9:25 pm


    @kelvin: youre welcome. oo iba iba kasi ang embassy pero wait lang and have patience. darating din yan. la rin tayo choice but to wait.

  178. by Joe, on February 16 2011 @ 6:01 am


    Hey there. I am looking to go over to get a mrrige licence next month. Do I need to be there for the 10 days to do that? Can we attend the seminar, apply for the licence, and then just she pick it up? I only have a week of leave to be in the Philippines… I would really, really, really appreciate a fast response to this! I have asked my fiancee to check everything, but she hasn’t, she just trusted some things her family told her, which all now seem to be wrong!!!

  179. by Anna, on February 19 2011 @ 12:51 pm


    Hi! My french fiancee and I are planning to wed in the Philippines this Dec. Both of us are working abroad so I dont know how we can get the procedures done since we only have 3 weeks vacation. We already have a child which has French Passport.

    Thank you in anticipation for you suggestions

  180. by alma, on February 20 2011 @ 10:02 am


    …maam ask ko po kung ano requirements ngaun ng japanese embassy..akoy po ay widowed….can you give some info about the requirements ..thnx

  181. by Cherie, on February 20 2011 @ 8:49 pm


    @joe: i guess i answered you already but I’ll do it again. in order to get the marriage license, you and your partner must personally go at the local registrar’s office (the place where you both will be getting married) because you and your partner will be filling up a form and must sign it. you can go back to your country once it’s done but going back to your country and going back again to PI after 10 days sounds impractical. you or your partner or both could get the license after 10 days then you both can then get married civil or religious.

  182. by Cherie, on February 20 2011 @ 8:51 pm


    @anna: ask your parent or anyone sa pinas to get the documents for you like the nso authenticated copies or you may request it online. the problem is, you and your partner must be physically present in applying for the marriage license coz you both will be filling up a form and will be signing it. as long as you have all the papers they’ll be asking you, then there’ll be no delays for the marriage license. civil or religious wedding? civil wedding is faster and hassle-free compared to religious wedding kasi me mga seminars pa na you have to attend

  183. by honey, on February 23 2011 @ 1:44 pm


    hi poh! im honey fiance ko poh is american citizen, he is coming sooner… we alreay set an appointment the po sa us embassy for filling cert of legal cap to contract marriage. sa plagay nyo po ba mkukuha nmin un certificate sa embassy the same day of filling? or it will be relaease po after few days..thanks

  184. by Cherie, on February 24 2011 @ 1:30 pm


    for US EMBASSY, i dont have any idea kasi my partner is french. sorry i cant answer you this question

  185. by diane, on March 10 2011 @ 3:00 am


    bonjour! your blog if truly very helpful.. can u and anybody help me or give me some answers to all my questions pls? my fiance and i are engage for more than 5 years.. now i am pregnant and will be giving birth next month. we would like to get married years ago but the problem is i dont have the finality of my annulment yet. i might be able to get my previous marriage be nulled/voided in less than 2 months since i we r only waiting for the finality. 1st question,.. wouldn’t be hard for me to take my son in france? ( from my ex husband pinoy) coz my fiance insisted that we must take my 8 years old son too upon going to france ( it is declared in my annulment that my son is on my full custody). sa mga nakaexperience n nito could u pls help me? 2nd question.. paano ang steps how to register my baby’s name i will give birth next month but uuwi nmn si hubby next month for my delivery… we know he need to go to the embassy to declare that our baby is his.. ano2 b ang mga documents n need nya isubmit s embassy pra s baby nmin? last question.. s application ba ng legal capacity what i address i must write in my application? kc we moved in to our new place 1 year ago na. so it means i am living here in our new place na inuupahan lang nmin for 1 year ang problema kc lahat ng documents ko like passport and sss are addressed to my old address. and i have the record in french embassy kc year 2009 i applied for tourist visa which was unfortunately denied :( hindi b mgi2ng questions yun? or isulat ko nlang yung old address ko during application pra di na maconfuse ang mga taga embassy? but i dont live there for 1 year na… please i hope u could help me or anyone who had the same experience could enlighten me.. over n ako s stress kakaisip i am pregnant p nmn… i am so sorry sobrang haba ng mesg ko but i am hoping and praying that anybody here could help me.. thank u so much and more power! God bless us all…

  186. by justin, on March 11 2011 @ 3:40 am


    I just want to know if you have information on how to retrieve a CENOMAR from CANADA, since we don’t have an NSO here..or where do we get this? Under your category here for FOREIGNERS it says a requirement is a CENOMAR from NSO..Thank you!

  187. by tina, on March 25 2011 @ 12:26 pm


    hi cherrie, i’m a pinay living here in South Korea, my male korean friend wants to marry a Filipina. i just want to ask if the processing of papers just the same as stated above. i will be the one to facilitate it so i really want to know how i would do that, i hate paper works pa naman :( hirap naman kumuha ng fixer, ang mahal na maningil tapos ikaw pa din naman maglalakad ng papers mo, so they really seek for my help. and i need your help too ;) hope to read your reply soon..

  188. by Cherie, on March 29 2011 @ 8:08 am


    @diane: in my own opinion ha, you’re considered legally married to your ex if ende pa annulled yung previous marriage mo. meaning, di ka pwdeng ikasal sa french partner mo unless this annullement will be done. your choice? is to wait for it.

    for your son, you’ll also be applying for a visa for him. how old is he? kasi if i remember well, if minor sya, there’s this document na you have to get sa DSWD ata but i forgot the exact details about this.

    for your baby, this is quite complicated and i dont know if your baby must carry your french partner’s surname. kasi nga ende pa kayo kasal, so ende pwde. pag kinasal naman kayo months before tapos you’ll be giving birth soon, meaning you have to change the baby’s papers na naman. for practicality, better consult a lawyer or ask the embassy regarding this matter para you’ll be guided. if this is my case, i’d use my french partner’s apelido for practicality reason pero i won’t recommend you to do the same thing

    for legal capacity, you and your partner must be physically present at the embassy in applying. write your present address. they wouldn’t ask you regarding your previous and present address. syempre, you need your present address naman kasi jan papadala mga docs di ba o kahit ano sa present adress mo. tourist visa has been very known sa mga denials. so dont worry about it. strict talaga sila for tourist visa.

  189. by Cherie, on March 29 2011 @ 8:10 am


    @justin: you’re filipino? if yes, you may ask any of your relative to get a cenomar for you at any NSO OFFICES or you may get it online by clicking the link https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

  190. by Cherie, on March 29 2011 @ 8:11 am


    @tina: yes those are the requirements pero check the guy’s status and then check it above the requirements required.

  191. by lei, on April 27 2011 @ 4:09 pm


    Hi, i just wanna inquire the ff:

    a. the certificate of attendance we both need to submit this? we need to attend a seminar is that right?

    b. Barangay Cert: does my fiancee (foreigner) need to submit this too?
    i understand that cedula is needed to get the brgy cert,

    please email me at lei_0528@yahoo.com :)

    you’re post is such a great help to me and my fiancee! thanks so much!

  192. by Cherie, on April 28 2011 @ 8:09 am


    @lei: certificate of attendance and baragay cert./cedula will be for you lang and NOT your partner

  193. by karen, on May 4 2011 @ 2:35 pm


    hello again ate cherie
    thanks alot s help m,,s wakas nkasal n rin kmi
    ask lng me,,pwd ako n lng mgsend ng mga papers to have a livret de famille s embassy?nd wat is the requirements to apply a spouse visa?

  194. by Cherie, on May 8 2011 @ 9:40 pm


    @karen: if you have all the docs na for the livret de famille, yes but if not, you have to gather them kasi they won’t accept your docs if incomplete

    read this http://mon-bric-a-brac.com/?p=836#comment-8130

  195. by angel, on May 14 2011 @ 9:19 am


    hi…good afternoon, i just wanna ask how long to get a CERTIFICATE OF LEGAL CAPACITY for American citizen man..? do you have an idea,, any help..pls..

  196. by jlee, on May 16 2011 @ 6:26 pm


    hi, i love your blog! :) very informative.
    Me and my BF are planning to get married. We are residing in Cebu, but we want to get married at another City or location-Bohol. I just want to ask if it is possible to get the marriage license and the seminar here in cebu. Then go to Bohol for the civil marriage ceremony.
    Do you think that is possible? If so, what are the requirements and steps on how to go about it. Thanks!
    Any information is greatly appreciated.

  197. by virginita servan, on May 19 2011 @ 2:52 pm


    hi have a nice day , i have fiancee from UK he already been here in the Phil. for 2 times to visit me , and this coming September he will come back to marry me.Were securing our papers now for marriage license , i want to ask where he can get this legal capacity certificate , can we get this from British embassy here in the Phil. or he need to get this from British embassy in London . please reply me.
    GOD BLESS ,,, hope to hear from you soon .

  198. by Cherie, on May 19 2011 @ 7:20 pm


    @angel: sa US embassy, no idea how long kasi i never applied one

  199. by Cherie, on May 19 2011 @ 7:23 pm


    @jhee: religious wedding ba or civil wedding? if religious wedding, no idea ako if possible kasi mas strict ang church if religious wedding. for civil wedding, i guess it’s possible to have the ceremony in another town if you wish to pero double check mo muna para sigurado

  200. by Cherie, on May 19 2011 @ 7:24 pm


    @virginita: he has to get it sa british embassy jan sa pinas

  201. by virginita servan, on May 20 2011 @ 3:18 pm


    hi thank you sa information ,pero complicated kung dito sya kukuha s pinas kc po kailangan p nia maghintay ng 21 days of staying after arrival, dito bago maka apply ng CNI yung bakasyun po nya or nag leave lng po cia s work ng 20 days kya po duon nalang cia kukuha s local registry s kanilang lugar s england kung saan cia kumuha din ng CENOMAR para po pagdating nia dito s pinas submit nalang namin s british embassy dito . kasi po kailangan pa namin mag reserve ng 10 days para sa simenar , tama po ba itong idea namin ? salamat po ,
    hope to hear your comment soon .. thank you and GOD bless

  202. by Cherie, on May 20 2011 @ 11:07 pm


    @virginita: for english citizen, no idea kasi i never applied one. a friend of mine had this experience but that was back in the 90′s so i can’t remember the exact details for british embassy. yung naalala ko lang when she applied for a visa was that she transacted an agency ba yun in applying for a visa and not direct sa british embassy kasi ganyan daw. wala dawng direct transaction sa embassy so no idea ako if this exists still or not

  203. by Vien Jann, on May 24 2011 @ 7:29 am


    Hi,Im getting married in July or August this Year. And my Fiance and I are planning to have a quick marriage here in Manila since he cant stay that long because of his job.I wonder what would we need and where can we have a quick marriage here in manila without attending any seminars blah blah :-)
    Please i need ur advise. Thanks!

  204. by Cherie, on May 28 2011 @ 9:04 pm


    @vien: civil wedding will be the only solution but then, your partner must have his legal capacity and you must have your papers too for you to have the marriage license, then wait for 10 days banns. for the seminar (1 day lang for civil wedding), you may pay it or tawag nila under the table. i know na its not good pero sometimes, its helpful

  205. by louziela, on May 29 2011 @ 4:39 pm


    hi poh! i have plan to get marreid sa cebu.. nextmonth and he will bring the certificate of impediment from his country po sa england… gusto ko po malaman if how long it takes the legal capacity from the embassy .. after filling or couple of days to wait…kasi bali 30 days lang po siya dito mag stay sa cebu.. dahil sa work niya..
    i wish to hear your responds tnxz from ella

  206. by ANALY, on June 5 2011 @ 10:22 am


    Hi good day po can i ask u something about for my faincee because he asking me about his requirements here in philippines to get married here what documents he need pls reply me soon as possible thank u………

  207. by ANALY, on June 5 2011 @ 10:27 am



  208. by azil, on June 6 2011 @ 1:11 pm


    thank you for the info.. at least i’ll not be spending money anymore for jeepney fare just to inquire for the requirements for marriage application.

  209. by Margaret, on June 8 2011 @ 3:00 am


    Hello Po,
    I am getting this September sa Pinas with an Australian.I will just ask kung yung CENOMAR na kailangan sa Pgkuha ng Marriage License ay sa NSO na din po ba makukuha sa aten sa Pinas???Or sa Australia po ba un manggagaling.Di ko kase maintindihan din maciado tungkol dto..

    Need some advise po..

    Marame pong salamat..

  210. by tim, on June 9 2011 @ 10:04 am


    hiya,i am british and plan to have a civil wedding in passi iloilo in oct 2011,i am waiting for my decri absolute so i can apply for my cni in england,can i sent the cni to my fiancee in the philippines and all the requirments to my fiancee,and can she apply to the british embassy in manila for a licience to marry on my behalf.if not, how long does the process take if i had to do this in person,my decree absolute is holding me up and have had to serve divorce papers on my x,wife,i hope you can advise me on this as have had no exact info from other websites,many thanks tim,

  211. by Ness, on June 14 2011 @ 2:31 am


    Hello! I have an indian bf and we are already living together and we have one 2month old baby..we want to get married already so we can fix our papers going to india..what are the requirements for a civil wedding? complete requirements..

  212. by Ness, on June 14 2011 @ 2:32 am


    and one more thing, how can he get a cert of legal capacity? can he just get a cenomar from d phils too?

  213. by cynthia cruz, on June 15 2011 @ 8:29 am


    hello po, ask ko lng what are those recquirements pag kumuha ka ng marraige license?

  214. by shahid, on June 15 2011 @ 9:29 am


    HI madam / sir
    i need to ur information about civil marriage.my girlfriend is FILIPINO and i am pakistani she is working in japan and i,m working in malaysia but we need to marry in philippines.we have only 7 days for make our wedding process complete did u let me know. we can marrige and get complete all paper during this 7 days.hope to listen from u soon.i am really need to ur help and advice.thanks lot…..shahid

  215. by analyn, on June 16 2011 @ 4:01 pm


    hello ma’m im analyn im 26 already! im getting married in november this year in a french man! and i decided na civil wedding lang kaylangan pa po nmin umattend ng seminars? at san po yung pwede nmin puntahan na french embassy dito sa pinas? at ano po ba ang kaylangan nya dalhin requirements? pls..help us..

  216. by analyn, on June 16 2011 @ 4:57 pm


    hi po! much better po ba kung dito kami magpakasal ng fiancee ko french men sa pinas? paano po ako makaka apply ng spouse visa dito rin po ba sa french embassy sa pilipinas? thanks po! hope u can help us..

  217. by Cherie, on June 19 2011 @ 7:55 pm


    @Vien Jann: under the table will be the only solution even if this doesn’t sound really good. you could have your ceremony sa capitol in your area or wherever you want the celebration to be like sa resort or sa haus mo

  218. by Cherie, on June 19 2011 @ 7:57 pm


    @louziela: depende sa embassy kung how long they’ll issue the legal capacity. for british embassy, no idea. remember na there’s this 10 days wedding banns once you submitted your dox for the marriage license + the seminars (depends if it’s religious or civil)

  219. by Cherie, on June 19 2011 @ 8:12 pm


    @ANALY: requirements above… check my other link and maybe that will help you pero its from the french embassy ha and not from the canadian embassy pero at least you’ll have an idea kung anong mga papers ang dapat mong ihanda


  220. by Cherie, on June 19 2011 @ 8:14 pm


    @Margaret: you’ll get the cenomar sa nso office. you may order it online or you may ask someone sa family mo to get it sa nso office mismo.

    link https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

  221. by Cherie, on June 19 2011 @ 8:17 pm


    @tim: i have no single idea if the processing are all the same just like the british embassy. if i remember well, a friend of mine who applied for spouse visa transacted to an agent that was connected to the british embassy. cant remember what it was though because that was 6 years ago. if i were you, i’ll advice you to call your embassy in philippines that way you’ll be sure that you’re doing the right step.

  222. by Cherie, on June 19 2011 @ 8:21 pm


    @Ness: you must have the marriage license first but inorder to get this, you must gather the necessary documents first.. meaning your part and your partner’s part. for his part, tell him to call his embassy para he’ll know if he’ll be needing the legal capacity.

  223. by Cherie, on June 19 2011 @ 8:22 pm


    @cynthia : requirements listed above for the marriage license

  224. by Cherie, on June 19 2011 @ 8:27 pm


    @shahid, : 7 days sounds too short and not enough. there’s this 10 days wedding banns that you guys have to wait once the papers have been submitted and that is if you both have all the papers.

  225. by Cherie, on June 19 2011 @ 8:29 pm


    @analy: french embassy is in makati manila. you can either give them a call or you may ask your partner to call them

  226. by analyn, on June 20 2011 @ 6:12 am


    good afternoon ma’m thanks for information!! can i ask some question? 26 yrs old po ksi ko and yung partner ko is much older than me 49 yrs old. Questionable po sa french embassy ang malaking age gap? pregnant po ksi ako at sa september po delivery ng baby ko!kaya nagdecide po kmi november kmi magpakasal yun lang po ksi yung chance nya maka stay ng matagal! thanks po and more power!

  227. by cha2, on June 27 2011 @ 4:38 pm


    Bonjour madame! I have read on this blog that you helped somebody
    through advice as what you have been experience from your past….
    It’s really nice you,coz you are helping our very own Filipinos.
    Actually,I have friend of mine,she married a French man,palagi siya
    Nagtatanong sa akin how long processing spousal visa? Iam not an expert
    about visa at sabi daw ng iba it takes after 2 years for releasing visa??
    …ang ginawa namin ay nagsearch,ibat-ibang website,and it’s
    Grateful,nahanap namin itong website.
    We are hoping your response and Have a nice day!!

  228. by Irene Raquel Domingo, on June 28 2011 @ 8:28 am


    Hi Ms. Cherie,

    One of the requirement of legal capacity to marry is :

    • CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) from NSO for Indian and Filipino

    My question is how is my Indian partner can secure CENOMAR at NSO what documents or requirements he needs to bring in order to obtain CENOMAR at NSO?

    Your help is highly apprecaited.

    Thank you so much!!

  229. by kris pabillore, on June 28 2011 @ 5:47 pm


    Good Day! my fiance is from Chicago Illinois, on we are planning to get married on next month (july). saan po bah niya kailangan kunin yong ibang requirements niya? madali lang po bang i process lahat yon? i got my cenomar and birth certificate from NSO already, don’t know sa iba pang requirements—for civil wedding po.

  230. by Jiel, on June 29 2011 @ 3:01 am


    Hello guyz! Im a Filipina and i have Swedish fiance and we plan to get married when get back here on September and we are already making our process and also get the requirements needed. My question is if anybody here knows if its possible for him to stay and just pay a long visa until we get our long time process of 13A visa and hopefully live here for good in Philippines? Because he dont like to go back to Sweden and back here again for a short time until the 13A visa is done.

  231. by Jandee, on June 30 2011 @ 1:40 am


    Hello I’m dezzah…i will be marrying this Sept..my bf was a fil-am, but actually he was born in makati and he grew up in the states and became a US citizen but he still have his Birth Cert na file sa NSO,and divorced din siya, and we had plan na we will get married in the catholic church, but he’s not catholic, he is a born again christian…what would be the requirements if that’s the case?

  232. by Jandee, on June 30 2011 @ 2:03 am


    Hello I’m dezzah…i will be marrying this Sept..my bf was a fil-am, but actually he was born in makati and he grew up in the states and became a US citizen but he still have his Birth Cert na file sa NSO,and divorced din siya, and we had plan na we will get married in the catholic church, but he’s not catholic, he is a born again christian…what would be the requirements if that’s the case? and one thing pala…he is a Green Card holder din…

  233. by jestina, on July 1 2011 @ 2:33 pm


    hi…i have Australian boyfriend and he was divorced for a year and were planning to get married here in phils..u think were able to married here in church.what was the necessary documents he needed to bring..thnx a lot..

  234. by Corrine Sugue, on July 6 2011 @ 5:50 am


    Hi! Happy to have searched this post of yours regarding Marriage License Application Requirements. It’s really a big help. Thanks!

  235. by Mei, on July 22 2011 @ 8:09 pm


    Greetings Cherie.
    First of all your blog site is
    really helpful of all the sites
    I’ve been for so long. I only have
    one question to you. What should I
    do if I only have my mom to attend
    in the seminar for appearance as
    my father was in jail. Is it
    necessary to get a sponsor as acting
    father in the seminar and other
    situations that requires both parents
    availability and presence..
    Hope to hear from you soon.I will
    appreciate whatever response I may
    receive. Congratulations and Godbless
    to your marriagehood!!!!!!!!!


  236. by Cherie, on July 22 2011 @ 8:15 pm


    @analyn: no its not questionnable. maraming ganyan dito

  237. by Cherie, on July 22 2011 @ 8:17 pm


    @cha2: your friends is in pinas ba? at present time, no idea kung how long before the embassy will release the visa pero in my case last 2006, they’ll issue the visa same day pag kumpleto lahat ng documents or requirements na they’ll be asking. i filled up the form infront of the consul, we chatted while filling it up and few minutes after, they congratulated me and gave my visa. no idea if they do the same thing ba o ende pa.

  238. by Cherie, on July 22 2011 @ 8:18 pm


    Irene Raquel Domingo: simply go to nso office and fill up a form there for CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE and fill in the infos of your partner. you’ll receive an authenticated paper with a report saying if he is single or not

  239. by Cherie, on July 22 2011 @ 8:21 pm


    @kris pabillore: you must be married by now. if not, for your papers, i guess you know where to get them right? bc, cenomar,mc sa nso. for your partner, he has to get his legal capacity sa US embassy and has to present his divorce decree if he’s divorced

  240. by Cherie, on July 22 2011 @ 8:23 pm


    @Jiel: yes possible for him to stay longer but he has to go sa immigration office and apply for the visa. no idea kung magkano babayaran nya at kung ano mga requirements pero id advice you na you accompany him going there once he’s in pinas

  241. by Cherie, on July 22 2011 @ 8:28 pm


    @jandee: in my own opinion, i guess he has to present his bc sa nso tapos his divorce degree sa US. for religious wedding, medyo strikto ang parish about the religion so i cannot tell you anything about this. ask them about it if it’s ok to have a religious wedding tapos yung partner is not catholic. i cant answer you regarding this matter

  242. by Cherie, on July 22 2011 @ 8:30 pm


    @jestina; requirements can be found above in applying for marriage license. for the legal capacity and spousal visa, tell him to call his embassy sa pinas or you call them by yourself para you’ll have the infos about these subjects at para maprepare mo mga papers mo

  243. by jovz, on July 30 2011 @ 2:00 pm


    thank you for the info. :)

  244. by ping, on August 12 2011 @ 9:27 am


    hi…good afternoon, i just wanna ask what are the papers need to prepare para makakuha ng CERTIFICATE OF LEGAL CAPACITY ang bf ko..im a filipina.. please help me..

  245. by ping, on August 12 2011 @ 1:15 pm


    hi, my boyfriend and i r planning to get married this coming october, im a filipina. my bf is indian citizen,ano ang mga papeles kaylangan nyang dalhin pra makakuha ng certificate of legal capacity.. please help me..

  246. by Cherie, on August 13 2011 @ 10:39 am


    @ping: for indian citizen, hinde ko alam kung ano yung requirements sa embassy nila to have the legal capacity. tell ur partner or you call the embassy and ask them about it.

  247. by apol, on August 14 2011 @ 1:16 pm


    hi cherry..i am a filipina,have boy friend in france…he invited me to visit to france for married…what visa suit me to have..?

  248. by christine, on August 16 2011 @ 1:03 pm


    hi, thank god i found your website. me and my boyfriend intends to marry this year and i just wanna ask what the requirements are? he’s a British national who just recently obtained a working permit here. he’s been here for 6 months via extended visa. he applied for a working permit via the company who wanted to hire him. how long do you think will the processing of the papers be? i hope you can help me with my queries, thanks.

  249. by karen, on August 17 2011 @ 11:15 am


    Can anyone help me about all the latest requirements i need in applying a spouse visa….tnxxx

  250. by alexa, on August 18 2011 @ 7:29 am


    hi po mam cherrie..can i ask the requirements for marriage here in phil.?im a filipina from cebu.and my bf is japanese..and do u have any idea if saan pwd dito sa cebu as civil wedding po?thank you in advance..god bless

  251. by karen, on August 18 2011 @ 1:53 pm


    help me pohhhhhh

  252. by Pie, on August 23 2011 @ 1:54 pm


    hi Cherie,
    I just read some of your blogs herein now.. it’s informative indeed.I am a filipina & my hubby is a French national. He will go here in PInas and we will do the wedding dito. afterwards, we will do the processing na so that I can go with him back there s France. how long can I get the visa? does it needed to be in six months time ba upon application? …which is more speedy in processing–having married here or petitioning for a fiance visa & do the marriage there in France?
    thanks..I hope to hear from you..your reply is highly appreciated..


  253. by Sheila, on August 24 2011 @ 3:26 am


    Hello! My boyfriend and I is planning to get married by next year. He is a Mauritian citizen and I am a filipina. He speaks french but I don’t know if he is belong to French country. We want to get married here in the Philippine but i want to know if the requirements that he needs to prepare are the same as the requirements of your husband? And can we finish that with in 21 days? Can you send me some information if you can. Thank you very much. I would be very helpful if you can help me.

  254. by Cherie, on August 26 2011 @ 9:37 am


    @apol: answered you already in the other subject. kindly check it

  255. by Cherie, on August 26 2011 @ 9:39 am


    @christine: sa pinas ba ang ceremony? if yes, dox above are the one na you’ll be needing. for religious wedding, there’ll be other doxs na you have to submit ata plus more seminars. no idea about it kasi i had my religious wedding in france. go to the parish where you’ll want your ceremony to be and ask them for infos

  256. by Cherie, on August 26 2011 @ 9:43 am

  257. by Cherie, on August 26 2011 @ 9:45 am


    @pie: based from the infos and experiences of the other pinays na you’ll find sa net, mostly of them said na chances are lesser for fiancée visa kasi nga super strict ang europe about it. for spousal visa, you’ll surely have one as long as kumpleto mga papeles na they ask you. i got my spousal visa minutes after i filled up my form and that was last 2006. at present time, no idea how long

  258. by Cherie, on August 26 2011 @ 9:49 am


    @sheila: parang wala atang mauritian embassy jan sa embassy. their office is in malaysia so i guess you should contact them. naturally, dox na you’ll find above are the documents na you’ll be presenting for your wedding in france. so no changes

  259. by karen, on August 27 2011 @ 2:59 pm


    ty ateh
    sorri ha ateh makulit akoh,,d2 kc ako s leyte,,,sayang nmn kung dami kulang n papers pg apply kung ng visa,,layo p nmn ng manila.,,heheheh…..bisouss

  260. by andy moore, on August 27 2011 @ 10:53 pm


    hello, i am british citizen, plan to wed in feb 2012, i arreive jan 27, my g/f in process of getting documents ready, can u pls provide list of documents required just incase i have missed any to tell her to get, i think i need only passport, cenomar and birth certificate, im only going to be in the philippines 1 month, can u advise if enough time, we plan to do civil wedding. andy.

  261. by dianne baltazar, on September 5 2011 @ 9:04 am


    wat if the couples are below 20 yrs old ? is there an alternative way if we dont have parents consent???

  262. by fam, on September 10 2011 @ 10:07 am


    hi .. i need help. i have a italian boyfriend and he wants to get married so that i he can take me in italy.. what are the docz he need to bring to get married hir,, if we get married hir can he take me in italy?? please i need answer… wer so dipress in our situation right now and dont know what to do.. thank you!!!

  263. by Mitch, on September 12 2011 @ 11:08 am


    hello Cherie.This is mitch.We are planning to have our wedding this december 2011.i am relieved that i have found your blog.Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.i have lots of questions.please help me.:)

    1. i want to clarify if CFO is needed before getting married.Im a bit confused coz i read one article that they got married without it and just have the paper(cf0)when the wife processed her visa.
    2. is the first set of requirements for me to get(above)?
    3.how about the questionnaires from the embassy?do i need to have it before the marriage?

    actually im so confused because of the papers below.are they different form the ones u have above?

    French National

    duly accomplished questionnaire from the embassy
    a recent full text of the birth certificate (less than 3 months)
    copy of National Identification Card or Certificate of nationality (if applicable, copy of consular registration card)
    proof of residentce (bills etc)
    if previously married, a court decision of divorce
    if widow/er, certified death certificate of spouse

    Filipino National

    duly acccomplished questionnaire from the embassy
    full text birth certificate (must be on SECPA or Security Paper) authenticated by National Statistics Office (NSO) and Dept. of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
    other proof of identity/identity cards (Driver’s license, TIN ID, SSS, etc)
    proof of residence in the Philippines (Barangay clearance, Residence Certificate, etc)
    Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) issued by NSO. You can now apply for this online through e-Census .
    copy of Commission on Filipino Overseas (CFO) certificate.
    If previously married, mention of annulment decision on duly authenticated marriage certificate
    if widow/er, authenticated copy of the death certificate of spouse
    copy of birth certificates of illegitimate childre

    If the procedures above are the ones we should follow then i guess we cannot get married in December right?maybe he has to come back in Feb.I dont exactly know what to do dear.I will appreciate your response on this.Thank you so much .God bless you more.HUndred folds in return Cherie. :)

  264. by Messenger, on September 13 2011 @ 3:23 am


    hi I need help, me and my partner is planning to get married in Philippines, but my partner is a Vietnamese and we are both protestant, whats the requirements? Hoping for a detailed answers, thanks you.

  265. by Lirio, on September 14 2011 @ 10:06 am



    May i have a list of the latest requirement for a marriage license and the processes for a civil wedding? Target date of ceremony is on December 28, 2011.

    So i only kinda have a short period of time.

    We both are working abroad, one is working in Canada and one is working in UAE and we will be arriving in the Philippines only by mid December.

    We just need to let our relatives to process it for us. Just need some guide.

    Appreciate if i could have your earliest response. Thanks for your assistance.

  266. by Cherie, on September 14 2011 @ 2:59 pm


    @andy moore: dox above will be the one’s that you’ll be submitting in applying for marriage license. if youre annulled or widowed, kindly check the widowed/anulled portion. if all documents are complete, you and your partner will then be ready to apply for marriage license. she has to present parent’s consent letter with signatures of her parents if she’s below 25 years old. once done, you guys have to wait for 10 days waiting banns and attend a seminar. after this, you both will then be able to have a civil wedding

  267. by Cherie, on September 14 2011 @ 3:00 pm


    @y dianne baltazar: you both need to present a parent’s consent letter signed by your parents

  268. by Cherie, on September 14 2011 @ 3:03 pm


    @fam: documents listed above are the one’s na you’ll be presenting in applying for marriage license. once you’ll have the marriage license, you both could then have the civil wedding (religious wedding, i have no idea for the documents & seminars). you have to process your papers using your married name after the ceremony and apply for spouse visa. i advice you to tell your partner to have a call in his embassy sa pinas para you both will be guided

  269. by Cherie, on September 14 2011 @ 3:17 pm


    @Mitch: here are my answers:

    1. i want to clarify if CFO is needed before getting married.Im a bit confused coz i read one article that they got married without it and just have the paper(cf0)when the wife processed her visa.
    - no. you’ll be needing this once you’re already married and you have your passport carrying your married name. that way you’ll be able to save your time at para ende ka pabalik balik. CFO certificate is required coz the departure area will check it before you leave the country. this certificate must be attached in your new passport carrying your married name.you could either get this before or after applying for visa, BUT BEFORE leaving the country
    2. is the first set of requirements for me to get(above)?
    - yes, check your partner’s situation if he’s annulled or widowed coz you’ll be needing his annullment paper if he’s divorced and etc.
    3.how about the questionnaires from the embassy?do i need to have it before the marriage?
    - in applying for marriage license, you’ll get the form sa registrar’s office in your area. EMBASSY FORMS are only for visas and legal capacity. you ask the visa form sa embassy itself or you may print it out sa french embassy site.

    REQUIREMENTS BELOW IS FOR LEGAL CAPACITY na your partner will be asking sa french embassy. you and your partner must be physically present sa embassy and must submit the documents below.

    French National

    duly accomplished questionnaire from the embassy
    a recent full text of the birth certificate (less than 3 months)
    copy of National Identification Card or Certificate of nationality (if applicable, copy of consular registration card)
    proof of residentce (bills etc)
    if previously married, a court decision of divorce
    if widow/er, certified death certificate of spouse

    Filipino National

    duly acccomplished questionnaire from the embassy
    full text birth certificate (must be on SECPA or Security Paper) authenticated by National Statistics Office (NSO) and Dept. of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
    other proof of identity/identity cards (Driver’s license, TIN ID, SSS, etc)
    proof of residence in the Philippines (Barangay clearance, Residence Certificate, etc)
    Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) issued by NSO. You can now apply for this online through e-Census .
    copy of Commission on Filipino Overseas (CFO) certificate.
    If previously married, mention of annulment decision on duly authenticated marriage certificate
    if widow/er, authenticated copy of the death certificate of spouse
    copy of birth certificates of illegitimate children

    If your target ceremony will be this coming December and di pa sya nakapagrequest ng legal capacity, I’m afraid but he has to go back there to request one sa embassy. This will take 45 days MINIMUM. Kelanganin mo ang legal capacity as this is one of the requirements in applying for the marriage license tapos pagnakapag apply na kayo (both must be present too), theres this 10 days waiting banns and seminar

  270. by Cherie, on September 14 2011 @ 3:19 pm


    @Messenger: documents above will be the one’s that you’ll have tosubmit. im afraid you both could only have civil wedding coz catholic church in philippines are kinda strict about religions. i mean, they require that the couple should be catholic

  271. by Cherie, on September 14 2011 @ 3:22 pm


    Lirio: documents listed above are the one’s nayou’ll be submitting. im referring to civil wedding in this matter. omit the foreigner portion if you’re both filipino.

  272. by nana, on September 15 2011 @ 5:07 pm



    i am a Filipina working in muslim yet french speaking country, i dont have proper documentation here, me and my fr bf are planning to get marrid soon as i come back to the Philippines to apply for a marriage in France, though, we already went to Ambassade de France Chancellerie, we have been told that it is not applicable for a Filipina to have the marriage processed here, so i will have to come back to the Phils, my question….do you think my stay here illegaly will cause any complication as the ambassade investigation take affect?


  273. by Cherie, on September 18 2011 @ 1:46 pm


    @nana: hala patay. illegal ka jan? so you’ll have the ceremony sa france. am i right? docs i wrote here will be for the wedding sa PINAS and not then in france. in order to enter france, you have to apply for a visa muna

  274. by nana, on September 19 2011 @ 9:47 am


    yes illegal i am illegal here since my 9 months tourist visa just got finished last month, we have took the proper step now and glad that, things are now being thoroughly disposed of. merci beaucoup cherie et bonne courage.

  275. by Jen, on September 21 2011 @ 8:17 pm


    Hi there,My husband and i are planning to have a church wedding next year but i don’t know what’s the requitements for that. We get married this year at the mayors office. Hope you will help me, thank you very much and god bless.

  276. by jing, on September 28 2011 @ 1:33 am


    I have read your site here now.and am happy 4 it cause I have an idea how:-)..but I want to ask you how long to process and get the marriage licence..then ask ko lang about legal capacity. About my boyfriend kasi his frm sweden.dun ba nya kuwanin yun..o dito sa phil?then also the cenoma of him?lahat ba ng requirements nya as a foreigner..eh need talaga na galing sa kanyang lugar..

    tnx poh..hope you repz…

  277. by Cherie, on September 29 2011 @ 11:05 am


    @jen: wedding sa pinas ba? naturally, requirements above will be the dox na you’ll have to submit sa registrar’s office where you live tapos another set of dox i guess for church wedding. i mean, you have to attend seminas pa for religious wedding. ask for infos sa secretariat of the church where you want the ceremony to happen para they’ll be able to guide you kasi i have no idea about it

  278. by Cherie, on September 29 2011 @ 11:07 am


    @jing: you’ll have the marriage license 10 days after the wedding banns pero you need to ask your partner first for his legal capacity as this is one of the most important documents (your partner’s side). sa embassy sya request nyan and personal apperance is required. no idea though if pareho ang policy sa swedish embassy ha. cenomar is from NSO office

  279. by jake, on September 29 2011 @ 10:43 pm


    hello.. im from moalboal. thanks for visiting our place..

  280. by TryThisCoupon, on September 30 2011 @ 3:33 am


    I’ve read a few excellent stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you set to make any such magnificent informative web site.

  281. by carlie, on September 30 2011 @ 7:27 pm


    This is awesome. I’ll read through the post and the entire thread. It’s funny cos I’m in law school but after I got engaged, I felt clueless as to how I’d start with the legal aspect of getting married. Thanks for providing free help! :)

  282. by mhey, on October 3 2011 @ 8:54 am


    hi,,its me mhey.i am a filipina i just wanna ask about how to married and requirements..my fiancee is from sweden…he is single what are the requirements for getting married in philippines..please reply to my email thanks a lot,,,

  283. by Gelzky, on October 4 2011 @ 12:33 pm



    I and my fiance are just wondering what the 10 day processing for the marriage license is for? I mean, if we have given the requirements and have had the certificate of completion for the PMO counseling, what’s the 10 days for? Does it really take that long for a marriage license to be issued? Also I have read around that they post the application to the public, like at the government center where we applied for the license?


  284. by cristine, on October 6 2011 @ 6:18 am


    Im a pinay my bf is an american but we still havent meet in person.We just meet on the internet and continue to make connections through celphone and letters for morre than 3 years already.And now we are planning to get married next year in Manila.Is it possible or allowed to marry him since it will be the first time for us to met in person?

  285. by cristine, on October 6 2011 @ 6:26 am


    it will be his first time to travel in the philippines next year(My US citizen bf) what visa does he need when marrying me here?Or does he need to apply for a visa?Is it necessary to have civil and church wedding in his visit here?How much will it cost?Please help.


  286. by Cherie, on October 12 2011 @ 11:01 pm


    @mhey: for civl wedding, documents na you have to submit are all written above. no idea for religious wedding kasi you have to attend several seminars ata. pakicheck na lang yung condition ng parter mo if he’s widowed, divorced or plainly single for the documents. those documents will be for marriage license para you’ll then be able to have the ceremony

  287. by Cherie, on October 12 2011 @ 11:04 pm


    @Gelzky: 10 days waiting will be for the marriage banns. naturally, they’ll publish it (sa registrar’s office or city hall in your area) to inform the public na you and your partner will be getting married. it is also to check kung somebody will detest (if you’re married to somebody else) the said upcoming ceremony

  288. by Cherie, on October 12 2011 @ 11:05 pm


    @cristine; i guess yes but he has to request for legal capacity pa rin sa US embassy kasi kelangan yun for his side.

  289. by Cherie, on October 12 2011 @ 11:08 pm


    @cristine; no visa required if he stays in pinas within 21 days. if he stays more than 21 days, he has to apply for long visa sa immigration. no idea kung magkano. for the wedding, no idea kung magkano yung gastos kasi depende naman sa inyo kung anong klaseng kasal ang gusto mo at kung gaano kabongga or ka simple or kung ilan bisita mo

  290. by Jen, on October 19 2011 @ 12:25 am


    Thanks so much for your info,s pinas kmi ikasal and my hubby is there, i don’t know if 6 weeks is gonna b enough for the wedding.My family want it to have the called bulungAn, we get married as SM.

  291. by Arlene, on October 22 2011 @ 12:58 pm


    Hi, We’re planning to get married next year. My bf is a US Army & he was assign in Germany. Do you think it is possible if we can do our wedding in Germany? or It is quickest if the wedding ceremony is here in Phils. What are the first step we can do? Thanks & more power….

  292. by Cherie, on October 24 2011 @ 8:51 pm


    @JEN: congrats in advance and best wishes

  293. by Cherie, on October 24 2011 @ 8:53 pm


    @arlene: since he is an american citizen and is assigned sa germany, i guess hmmm, better to call the german and US embassy that way they could give you advice. I cant tell you which one will be faster kasi i havent tried applying for a visa going to germany. If he could go back sa pinas, of course better to have the wedding sa atin para narin sa family mo kasi mas masaya ang wedding sa atin compared sa foreign countries.

  294. by shane, on October 26 2011 @ 9:33 am


    hi po!! good pm!!! plan po namin pakasal ng australian fiance ko march next year, kumuha po kami legal capacity last year but na expired po last september 2011 so we decided to get legal capacity to australian embassy in manila this december again, 2 weeks lang po sya stay dito sa phil… tanong ko lang po if maka fill up na po ba kami sa city hall ng form and attend seminar, kelangan pa po ba nya intayin ma release yung marriage license before sya bumalik australia which is impossible kasi 2 weeks lang po sya stay dito… pwede na po ba sya makabalik australia kahit di pa narerelease marriage license? wala na po ba dapat pirmahan after marelease marriage license… please help me po…. tnx

  295. by Cherie, on October 26 2011 @ 8:04 pm


    @shane: depende kung mabigyan kaagad ng bagong legal capacity ang bf mo. you have to submit kasi the legal capacity IN APPLYING FOR MARRIAGE LICENSE. pag walang legal capacity, they won’t accept your documents and won’t publish the wedding banns na 10 days. so you have no choice but to wait. IFEVER bigyan sya kaagad ng bagong legal capacity, i’m afraid na 2 weeks won’t be enough. i mean, depende siguro if from the day 1 na he’ll be arriving sa pinas tapos he’ll have his NEW LEGAL CAPACITY KAAGAD tapos file kaayo kaagad for marriage license sa cithhall, tapos civil wedding lang kayo, then pwde kayo makasal before he goes back to australia. for marriage license, dapat kumpleto documents mo to avoid any delay. parent’s consent required if you’re below 25 years old. you and your partner will sign the form

  296. by manuel, on November 1 2011 @ 9:05 am


    goodday cherie, ask ko sana kung ano ang dapat nming gawin at need na requirements ng fiancee ko ?? kasi were planning to get married sa japan sana, kasi almost all my relatives lives there, ang fiancee ko is a filipino american citizen, and im filipino citizen, she arrived here in the philippines last month,do you think were allow to get married in japan if we go there as tourist??? plss help

  297. by marian, on November 2 2011 @ 1:34 pm


    tanong ko po kung pwedi ikasal ulit sa church kapag annul na sa una married.plss response

  298. by dianne, on November 2 2011 @ 2:12 pm


    gud pm poh?ask ko lang po pwedi po ba ikasal sa church kapag annul na.pls reply

  299. by Joffrey, on November 3 2011 @ 5:20 am


    Hello Cherie,

    I am a french citizen soon to be married to a filipina and we are right now looking at the procedure and there is something that make us wonder.

    My fiance went to the town hall to inquire about the pre-wedding seminars and they told us that since i am foreigner, we need to have in hand the legal capacity and also that it takes 10 to 14 days to issue the certificates. This completely messes up our schedule if it’s the case. In your experience, how did it go ? Cuz we cannot find those requirements on the net… Thank you for your reply back in any case.

  300. by Cherie, on November 5 2011 @ 12:21 pm


    @manuel: the best thing that you could do is to visit japanese embasse sa manila or give them a call. i can’t tell you or give you any advice kasi i havent applied for any papers going there tapos ive heard na stricto daw ngayon ang japan. i dont wanna give you any problem so better call them na lang para sigurado

  301. by Cherie, on November 5 2011 @ 12:22 pm


    @dianne: not sure. sa pinas ba ang ceremony? pwde cguro pero ask the church kung pwde. ive heard sa mga friends na ende daw pwde pero narinig lang din nila yun so i can’t tell you the correct answer

  302. by Cherie, on November 5 2011 @ 12:26 pm


    @joffrey: heres the answer for your question. just follow it and secure the dox for you to have the legal capacity. this paper is very important for foreigners coz they’ll be asking you for this in applying for marriage license at the city hall of your partner in PI. without this, they won’t accept your dox. there’s this 10 days wedding banns (upon submission of the dox) and seminar(s) to attend but depending if you guys will have a civil ceremony or a religious one.

  303. by glenda, on November 7 2011 @ 5:33 pm


    hi, good evening cherie..

    i am 22 filipina, and my fiance is an american, i already know the requirements that we need. but i have few questions.
    - is it possible that i will get/ process the marriage license alone?
    - i am living in antipolo, sa zambales ang wedding, pwede bang kunin nalang ang license sa antipolo.?? may nabasa kasi ako na pwede daw, but still i need your opinion, i read all your comments/ response here, and sobrang natututo..

    i hope u can help me. i really appreciate it.. :) thank you

  304. by Oslo, on November 8 2011 @ 12:26 am


    If the couple are both filipino and both overseas, could the application for marriage license be done by somebody authorized by the couple?

  305. by Cherie, on November 9 2011 @ 1:56 pm


    @glenda: im not sure about it pero if you know somebody who could help you sa cityhall or registrar’s office in your office, then it will be possible. depende kasi sa taohan jan sa lugar mo. yung iba stricto talaga like in the place where i lived before na dapat yung couple present talaga. try to ask them para sigurado or else explain them

  306. by Cherie, on November 9 2011 @ 1:58 pm


    @oslo: im not sure about this coz naturally, when you submit and apply for marriage license, you and partner will sign the paper and then you both will be attending the seminar (depending if it will be a religious wedding or civil wedding). simplier for civil wedding. for religious wedding, a friend said na marami daw na seminars na you both must attend.

  307. by mheds, on November 11 2011 @ 2:43 am


    ask ko lang po..
    im from dumaguete city, nakita ko po tong site nyo ask ko lang po..possibly po bang ikasal kayo agad in 1 week kasi he will be staying here at sabi nya possible ba daw na ikasal agad.. at pwde po bang mag tanong kung ano ang requirement para sa kanya?

  308. by Cherie, on November 11 2011 @ 6:49 pm


    @mheds: ende pwde kasi me 10 days wedding banns (let’s say if you guys both have the complete requirements and will pass them the day na your partner will arrive sa pinas) tapos there’s this seminar too. pwde kayong ikasal agad PAG NAKUHA nyo na ang marriage license pero yun nga, antay ka pa 10 days for the banns. complete requirements are listed above. omit the applying for visa requirements coz that’s for french visa

  309. by anna, on November 14 2011 @ 10:35 am


    Hello good evening,
    Today po nag apply ako dito sa Lapu lapu city(CEBU) para sa married license namin,di po nila tinangap,yong application ko kasi ala po yong fiancee ko,ganu po ba talaga ang paraan,pinay naman yong aplikante?gusto ko lang po malaman kong pwede bang isa lang sa amin mag apply?naka usap ko po yong head sa local civil registrar,sabi po na antayin ko yong fiancee ko po,tapos mag apply kami sa 28 ng december,di bah po me 10 wedding banns pa yon,ang sabi kasi sila na mag akisaso sa license namin,10 k hingi nila,kasi naka fix na date namin sa kasal,first week january,fiancee ko 28 ang dating ng december…help us po…thank you sa tulong…

  310. by anna, on November 14 2011 @ 10:38 am


    Finnish po yong fiancee ko,na kompleto ko na po yong papers namin,lahat andito na sa akin,di ko po talaga maintindihan,bakit di ni tinanggap..

    Thank you po…

  311. by Cherie, on November 19 2011 @ 11:07 pm


    @anna: dili na nila dawaton imo papeles kay imo partner ug ikaw must be physically present ig apply kay duna moy fill apan na form nya kamo sad duha mopirma. dili pwde nga dunay mo proxy sa iyahang part kay dapat ig pirma niya, mopirma sya atubangan jud sa taw nga modawat ana inyo documents pamatuod nga ikaw ug sya jud na ang ni apply. if below 25 ka, present a parent’s consent letter signed by your parents as proof na they are aware na magminyo ka. wala ka choise kung mao na ila iingon pero try pangamigo taga diha registrar’s office or pangamiga nya imo lang suholan or kung sugot ba sila na imo lang padala ang form sa imoha partner aron iya pirmahan nya iya ipadala nimo ug balik diha. pero mao ra gihapon istoryaha kay duna pamo seminar. civil imo or religious wedding?

  312. by Joffrey, on November 27 2011 @ 1:53 pm


    @cherie : Thank you for the reply… Everything is going smoothly for us… My fiancee is busy with DFA authentification hehe.

    Thank you again and take care =)

  313. by Karen, on December 11 2011 @ 1:18 pm


    Atehhhhhh..muzta…….tnx for everything im flying to france together with hubby this feb….ateh mhirap b ung interview s OFII?

  314. by quel, on December 13 2011 @ 2:46 am


    hi,I just would like to ask about that CENOMAR for my foreigner fiance, the NZ embassy just told him to get certificate of no impediment in NZ and Letter of legal capacity in NZ embassy in Manila-and they didn’t mention about getting CENOMAR in NSO.please help me cause we are confused about it..thank you

  315. by quel, on December 13 2011 @ 3:01 am


    hi ate che.may pahabol pa pala akong tanung. hindi ba kasali ang saturday at sunday sa 10days bann?salamat poh.

  316. by jhen, on December 14 2011 @ 11:48 am


    hi thank you i found your blog..may fiancee poh ako taga us ngayon poh nagdeicde kami magpakasal feb next yer.ang problema po 5 days lang sya sa pinas..panu poh kaya ang gagawin ko kasi nag try poh akong mag apply sa marriage license eh hindi daw poh pwede.anu poh gagawin ko kung sino poh pwede tumulong samin..kasi nag aalala rin poh sya.
    kaylangan din po ba nga kumuha ng cenomar??san poh nya pweding makuha ang legal capacity to married?sana poh makareply kayo

  317. by jhen, on December 14 2011 @ 12:02 pm


    hi poh divorce poh ang fiancee ko kaylangan nya poh bang kumuha ng cenomar pa dito sa pinas??tulungan nyo poh ako kasi hindi ko masyadong maintindihan eh…

  318. by jhen, on December 14 2011 @ 1:53 pm


    hi po reply naman poh kayo sa email ko.panu ko poh maayos ang kasal namin 5days lang poh ang stay nya sa pinas because of he’s work in us,sino poh ba ang pwede kong lapitan kasi sa feb 8 poh ang plano namin magpakasal.anu poh ang mga kaylangan ko??

  319. by athena, on December 17 2011 @ 9:21 am


    Hi Ms. Cherie.

    I read all your comments above, and I guess they are really informative :)…I have some questions regarding marrying a foreigner. I hope u can give me some help. Me and my boyfriend, are planning to get married next year by February. And both of us are working here in UAE. He is a Turkish-Italian. And he has dual citizenship, he’s holding two (2)passports of both countries (Turkey & Italy). My question is, should he submit his 2 passport copies for 2 countries? And should I ask him to provide me, his legal capacity from his 2 countries which he’s a citizen?. I have a bit confusion about CENOMAR, should I get him a CENOMAR from NSO Phils, or he’s the one to get it? As we both working here in UAE,can we get all those requirements here in our respective consulates and apply in the Phils.? Because we don’t have enough time to get these all when we arrive there. Sorry, for too much questions I asked. Hope to hear fro you soon. :) Thanks a lot.

  320. by marie, on December 18 2011 @ 6:53 am


    hi! this is Marifer..
    im a filipina,lives in Zaboanga del Norte.
    next year po plano namin magpakasal sa US CITIZEN KO NA BF. kaso nahirapan po ako.Dahil nagpatulong siya sakin kung paano malaman ang complete detail sa mag requirements namin dalawa na dapat i comply bago xa pupunta sa pinas para smooth sailing ang pag process namin.ANO PO BA ANG MGA REQUIREMENTS NA DAPAT NAMIN MA kumpleto na ipresenta namin sa US EMBASSY PARA SA PAG FILE NAMIN nang Marrig? napaka limited lang po kasi ang time niya dito sa pinas dahil sa maiwan niyang trabaho sa US. san ko po makikita ang complete list nang mga requirements both of us?

    thank you!

  321. by marie, on December 18 2011 @ 6:59 am


    Hindi pa po nakapunta dito sa pinas fiance ko, anong visa po ang kunin niya para makapasok sya sa pinas,ang sabi passport lang daw ang kelangan ng bf ko para makapasok xa sa pinas wala ng visa pa ,is that right?nalilito na po talaga ako.

  322. by marie, on December 18 2011 @ 7:17 am


    Kung sakali po mag papayag ang civil registrar na ipadala ko nalang po sa fiance ko ang papers para mapermahan niya para pagdating niya dito sa pinas seminar nalang yung harapin namin kasi po ma short po ang bf ko sa 10 days na bann bago namin makuha ang crtificate.kelangan po niya makabalik agad sa US dahil sa trabaho niya.Hindi po ba ma invalidate yun sa embassy kung sakali bka po ma trace nila kung kelan xa dumating sa pinas,, alin po ba ang una magfile sa embassy o sa civil registrar?

    help me please God bless!

  323. by marie, on December 18 2011 @ 9:51 am


    MAAM, titingnan pa kaya nang taga eUS EMBASSY KUNG KELANXA DUMATING sa pinas at sa araw nang pag file? ano po dapat ko gawin?please i need your immidiate action.Next year na po plan namin mgapakasal i want to prepare all papers needed before He will come here,

  324. by Cherie, on December 18 2011 @ 9:50 pm


    @QUEL: docs mentioned above are the one’s na i presented and were asked when i applied for marriage license. if the NZ embassy told you to comply the docs na they’ll be needing, just submit the docs na they ask from you.

    for the wedding banns, i guess saturday and sunday are included

  325. by Cherie, on December 18 2011 @ 9:52 pm


    @JHEN: 5 days sounds really short unless you both have all the necessary papers. kahit mag under the table pa kayo in applying for marriage license, you guys still have to wait 10 days for the wedding banns. and as he is american citizen, no idea ako how long before he’ll have his legal capacity. i cant do anything about it and i dont think somebody could help you regarding this case. 5 days seems to be really short EXCEPT if naisubmit nyo na before mga docs.

  326. by Cherie, on December 18 2011 @ 9:57 pm


    @MARIE: hmmmm opinion ko lang to ha, if he is really interested, then he must give a small time para makabisita jan sa pinas and meet you. i dont mean to be really bad pero kasi, mga embassies ngayon are really strict. in my case, i applied for fiancée visa years ago (2003) and they were strict already at that time, eh ngayon pa kaya. for the documents, you may give them a call or surf it sa google kasi as far as i know, parang there’s this forum for K1 & K3 visa (for US) and that will be helpful for your part for visa application and legal capacity. for marriage license, docs above will be the one’s na you’ll have to submit and check the additional docs based from his status if he’s divorced, single or widowed. he has to be physically present when you’ll be applying for marriage license unless if kakilala mo yung tao who’ll be accepting the docs for marriage license

  327. by Cherie, on December 18 2011 @ 10:00 pm


    @athena: since he has 2 nationalities, i guess one of his nationality will be fine ( just my own opinion ha) pero try to call the embassy sa atin para sigurado kasi ayoko namang magbigay ng advice eh ende ako sure. for cenomar, you may request it online sa ecensus (surf it sa google) tapos pwde mong ipadeliver sa address mo abroad or sa pinas. BC, cenomar, mc can be requested sa nso.

  328. by marie, on December 18 2011 @ 11:07 pm


    THANK YOU VEry much Maam! tama po kayo.hmm okey na po.. mas maganda legal proccess tlaga para safe…
    thnx to you and God bless you!

  329. by athena, on December 19 2011 @ 12:33 pm



    Thanks for the reply. :) Appreciated..

  330. by bing, on January 9 2012 @ 4:32 am


    good noon..ask ko lang po what if ayaw ng parents mag sign sa marriage license form application because they tutol po sila..is it possible na makasal pa rin sya without parent consent or advice?

  331. by Cherie, on January 10 2012 @ 9:30 am


    @bing: if below 25 ka, you need to have that parent’s consent signed by your parents as a proof na they are aware of your decisions. if wala yun, i’m afraid baka they won’t grant you your marriage license. try to talk to your parents and explain them your decisions, para magbago yung isip nila or talk to that person responsible in your area in applying for marriage license. depende din kasi yan sa area nyo

  332. by jane09, on January 12 2012 @ 12:08 pm


    teh cherrie favor naman anu naman poh ang requirements pala ng malaysian guy if he wants to be married a filipina here in the philippines???

  333. by jane09, on January 12 2012 @ 12:16 pm


    and teh pls!!! give me an example naman ng parent consent letter salamat…

  334. by Cherie, on January 14 2012 @ 11:48 pm


    @jane: check the docs above and his status (divorced, widowed, foreigner).those are the docs na you’ll submit in applying for marriage license (philippine ceremony).

    for the parent’s consent, you can get this form at the place where you’ll be applying for marriage license. it’s a form and your parents have to sign it.

  335. by liezel pacina perez, on January 17 2012 @ 2:31 pm


    hi tatanong kulang sana kasi kasal na kami nga fiance ko na philam.tapos sa birth certificate nya naka lagay na pangalan kevin andrew perez.pero nung kumoha kami ng requirements dito sa phils.kailangan kasi nga cenomar ang nakalagay kevin andrew moreno perez.the moreno is the mother family name.ang tanong hinda ba kami magkaproblem sa pag file ng spousal ko sa u.s?

  336. by charity, on January 18 2012 @ 8:22 am


    \me and my featured husband plannigetting married but we are very hard to provide all that my husband is a korean and his a catholic and i was filipiba pls help !!me
    panu ba ung complete requirments for a church wedding !!catholic

  337. by charity, on January 18 2012 @ 8:26 am


    help me po kung snu sa inyo ang may experienced na magpakasal dto sa pinas with a korean!!
    man hayssst
    i really want a catholic church wedding but they convincing us just to make a civil wedd i dnt want it i really dnt plss help me

  338. by Cherie, on January 19 2012 @ 11:01 am


    @liezel: i guess no problem kasi yan naman yung middle initial nya di ba? so no probs. this is just an opinion ha kasi ende naman grabe yung case and not problematic

  339. by Cherie, on January 19 2012 @ 11:05 am


    @charity: lam mo charity, kunin mo lang MGA PAPELES MO na required na nasa listahan ko jan above tapos yung PAPELES NG BF MO pero check his status if he’s divorced, widowed kasi me additional requirements. these dox will be for marriage license lang ha.

    FOR CHURCH WEDDING, me mga additional requirements pa ata ang seminar. try mo yung parish kung saan mo gusto magpakasal para mabigyan ka nila ng kumpletong listahan ng mga papeles tapos yun ang isubmit mo. tanong mo kung anong mga seminars dapat nyung pntahan and etc. yung sa akin is cvil wedding pero i had my beach ceremony in a private resort. your choice naman kung ano mas gusto mo

  340. by kim, on January 22 2012 @ 8:25 am


    hi cherie i love to read your site a lot i hope i can gain some information on it,my french bf and i were planning to marry this Sept.after i go back to Philippines from japan.He has a work in France and his boss will only allow him for two weeks to go to Philippines and marry me.If he has brought with him his necessary papers in going to Philippines and as for me also have already my papers would if be possible to finish it soon and he can go back again to france because of his work,,.Hoping you can give some ideas on how to start what to do because its my first marriage.Thanks

  341. by Yann, on January 22 2012 @ 6:06 pm


    Hello Cherie,
    I intend to marry a filipina and i would like to have some good advices from as you are happily married with a french man.
    I am french and i live in Paris. My filipina is living in Dubai.
    I would marry her in France and i would like to know what are the procedures for a wedding in France. Thank you so much!

  342. by des, on January 23 2012 @ 12:49 pm


    Hello Cherie, how much would it cost to get an attorney’s assistance to process our marriage certificate?Please advise . Thanks…

  343. by Cherie, on January 26 2012 @ 9:45 am


    @kim; i answered your last inquiry in the other subject, kindly check it.

    it’s complicated coz you guys have to be physically present at the embassy for him to get his legal capacity and he has to sign a document at the embassy too. waiting period will be 45 days minimum (embassy will send the documents going to your partner’s city where the wedding banns will be then they’ll send it back to pinas after if there are no oppositions). this is very important coz you’ll have to present at the lcr the dox listed in the other post where i answered you together with the legal capacity. once submitted, there’ll be this 10 days wedding banns sa pinas tapos saka pa kayo pwde ikasal. so 2 weeks won’t be enough. he has to go back sa pinas once again

  344. by Cherie, on January 26 2012 @ 9:50 am


    @yann: bonjour. en fait, il faut avoir un visa d’abord pour elle. that’s the most important thing for her to be able to get in the territory. après, you go at the paroise in your area and you submit:

    votre acte de naissance & pareil pour elle
    certificat de bapteme (for you and her) if religious wedding
    if civil wedding only, hmm i guess she has to present her carte de sejour as a proof that she is legal here in france. not sure of the other papers though but call your mairie for more infos and to be really sure.

  345. by Cherie, on January 26 2012 @ 9:51 am


    @des: it depends your attorney. i paid mine 15k php (he does the paperworks for me, conducted the ceremony for civil-beach wedding)

  346. by analie vicente, on February 15 2012 @ 7:36 am


    hi po good day,im analie vicente i have italian bf,at ngpapalno po kming mgpakasal ngayon april,ask lng po ako kung ano dpat nming gwin kc 5days lng cia dito s pinas,ung mga ppers po nya ok n ung kylangan lng translate nlng po s english,pero kylangan po p b kming pumunta s dalawang embazzy,italian and philipines embazzy,bgo kmi ikakasal s judge!pls po tulungan nyo po ako kung ano dpat ko n gagawin!txs po and god bless

  347. by oslo, on February 16 2012 @ 12:06 pm


    i have just read your reply on my inquiry on nov 8. Thanks. What if we have no problems attending to all the church requirements but we have problem applying for the marriage license? you see, I was told by the church to go there on apr 20 to fill in the canonical investigation. But I was told that when I go there that day I should already have the requirements(marriage license, baptismal cert, confirmation cert for both of us). I’m afraid we cannot apply for the marriage license personally if the church is asking it on the 20th apr(wedding is on may 26th). Do you think a lawyer can help on this? Thanks!

  348. by Cherie, on February 17 2012 @ 10:41 pm


    @analie: punta lang kayo sa italian embassy sa pinas. me legal capacity na sya? kasi it’s important in applying for marriage license. without this, they won’t give you the form and will turn you back your docs.

    kung ano lang yung nakalista na dox above, have it translated in english pero im pretty sure na they’ll be searching for the english copy. present them the original one just incase they’ll be looking for the original dox. he has to go there before april para maasikaso nya papeles nya if ende pa kumpleto

  349. by Cherie, on February 17 2012 @ 11:03 pm


    @oslo: you must have the marriage license first before anything else. a marriage attorney or judge could help you but this will cost you a few bucks pero depende if he knows somebody sa office where you’ll be applying your marriage license. look for somebody na really reliable, that way you won’t be wasting your money. if you’ll find one, he could help you tapos under the table lang. punta lang kayo to fill up the form together with the requirements. wait for 10 days waiting banns(OBLIGATORY)and that’s it. meaning, no need for you and your partner to attend the marriage seminar kasi nga under the table lang. yun lang. see? just this simple thing, will cost you a lot of money. if your partner could go there sa pinas 2 weeks before, the better

  350. by Tishy, on February 20 2012 @ 11:53 pm


    Bonjour Cherie!

    Comment vas tu? I have a quick question for you.
    My French fiance is coming here in PH this April for a vacation and we’re planning to get married this year here in PH. When applying for legal capacity, is it better if he’s with me? or can I apply even if he’s not yet here? Kasi I heard, he has to check in the municipal (at the town hall of place of residency of the French national/fiance) if the banns are published. Could he just call to check that? or he needs to go home to check? Confused. Haha.

    Tishy’s last blog post..Last day in Rome. ?

  351. by Tishy, on February 21 2012 @ 4:51 pm


    Bonjour Cherie!

    I left a comment here last night, I wonder where did it go.
    Anyways, I wanted to ask when applying for legal capacity, is it better if my fiance is here in PH? or could I do it by myself? He’ll be visiting MNL this April and he will be here for 3 months. I’m just bothered about checking if the banns are published in their town hall. How could he check that if he’s here? Confused. I hope to hear from you! Merci.

    Tishy’s last blog post..Last day in Rome. ?

  352. by mitz, on February 27 2012 @ 9:15 pm


    hi ate cherie, magandang araw po! ask ko lang sana if ok lang ba na mag proxy na lang ang mother ko in applying a marriage license kasi po presently i’m still working here sa saudi and me and my bf would like to have a church wedding ceremony on april 21…ang problem ko po is april 14 pa lang ako makakarating ng pinas and and balik din agad after 10 days…:( other requirements ng church like baptismal confirmation available na po and available na din ang nso bcert, cenomar, residence certificate..pwede ba na iproxy na lang ng mother ko muna ang pag apply ng marriage license and family planning seminar? and by the time i get there i can submit myself for presentation sa civil registrar while waiting for the 10days bann…or pwede ako kumuha ng application ng marriage license sa phil.embassy then send the application sa pinas thru lbc?..im 25yo my bf was 28…im so frustrated na kasi with the requirements hope you can help me..thank you and more power!

  353. by sheila, on March 11 2012 @ 10:56 pm


    thanks for all the info. We are planning to marry but i’m afraid coz my husband to be has existing warrant of arrest for rape case but his not in jail,,will it affect our plans to get marry?will the judge can trace this case if ever??thanks I really need help and advise

  354. by karen, on March 12 2012 @ 12:02 pm


    ateh bonjour
    d2 n ako france,,,ask lng ako ateh,,,kc ung asawa k iadd nya sna ako s social security niya,,ung original live birth k hnd nila tinanggap dhil copy lng dw,,so kailangan b tlga lht authenticated from DFA khit s marriage contract dn?

  355. by Cherie, on March 16 2012 @ 12:12 am


    @tishy; he has to be physically present in applying for legal capacity kasi he’ll be filling up the form and he has to sign it. he may ask someone sa family nya to check the banns or else he call his mairie pero naturally, walang problema kasi they’ll publish it naman once they’ll receive the dox

  356. by Cherie, on March 16 2012 @ 12:26 am


    @mitz: i doubt if they’ll accept your dox if you ask your mom to be your proxy. i mean, it’s logical na you should be physically present and your partner to be there as well coz first, you both will be signing the form and 2nd, it’s one of the requirements na you both must be physically present. meaning, ikaw at yong partner mo and not anybody else who’ll be representing your part nor your partner’s part. your mother can come with you if your below 25 years of age to fill up the parent’s consent (proof na they’re aware of your decision na you’ll be getting married)

  357. by Cherie, on March 16 2012 @ 12:34 am


    @sheila; is your bf or husband to be french?

  358. by Cherie, on March 16 2012 @ 12:39 am


    @karen: i gave them my authenticated copy with seal from dfa and malacanang with french translation. i recommend na you do the same coz xerox copy wont be enough

  359. by irene, on March 16 2012 @ 2:37 am


    Hello Cherie,
    Were planning to get married here in PH with my french boyfriend before but coz of the availability of his time here in PH,i think we cant able to make it.Legal Capacity takes to0o0 much time.And now our plan is to apply Fiance visa so that our marriage will be in his place or Its possible po bah na i will apply for long term visit visa then we will do the papers for the marriage in his place?Please po ug hinaut Ma’am Cherie tabangan me nmo.
    Daghan Salamat daan Ma’am.

    Irene Catcha Pagdilao

  360. by Cherie, on March 16 2012 @ 6:18 pm


    @irene: you have to apply for short stay visa. sorry but i don’t mean to discourage you ha but if you search it sa forums, chances for fiancée visa and tourist visa are very low sa european countries. spouse visa may take quite sometime pero sure sya so less depression for your side and less trauma but of course the decision is still yours. long stay visa won’t be possible for your purpose.

  361. by irene, on March 17 2012 @ 3:40 pm


    thank you so much Ma’am Cherie!!

  362. by irene, on March 19 2012 @ 8:21 am


    Ma’am Cherie,
    Hello uli…you was married here in our country?according to my fiancee it will take 2 to 3 yrs before we can get a spouse visa?He will just stay here for 21 days and not possible for us to get married here coz the legal capacity takes more 30 days..what can you advice us…then maybe you can recommend someone to help us to finalize our documents..by the way your bisaya po?sorry for the disturbance…thank you in advance…your help is very greatful to us.


  363. by Dee, on April 18 2012 @ 3:41 am


    Hi There,
    I’m getting married July this year and my fiance will arrive first week of July-Do you think we still have enough time to process the Marriage License provided we have completed all the necessary documents?
    Is it possible to go to the City Health alone to schedule for seminar?
    How long does it take to get that legal capacity?
    Your reply is highly appreciated.

  364. by Cherie, on April 19 2012 @ 9:09 am


    @irene: i got my spouse visa few minutes after i submitted my documents (back in 2007). no idea if pareha gihapon karon ha pero i guess, as long as kumpleto imoha papeles na ila gipangayo nimo, then there’ll be no problem and sureness jud na matagaan kag spouse visa. dili tinuod na it will take 2-3 years. legal capacity will take 45 days mnimum.pagmakuha na nimo sya, pwde namo mo apply sa cityhealth or registrar’s office ug marriage license and imoha partner must be present sad kay duna man mo pirmahan duna. just make sure tanan documents na ako gilista kay kumpleto kay it will help u jud na madali ang processing ug walay delays aron dili masayang ang panahon. 10 days after the appliciation for marriage license (marriage banns), pwde namo ikasal pero mas dali ang civil wedding. for civil wedding, pwde ra unsa imo gusto like beach ba or etc. church nice pero daghan paka lain seminars na attendan with your partner

  365. by Cherie, on April 19 2012 @ 9:13 am


    @DEE: your partner requested for the legal capacity already at the french embassy? if the answer is no, im afraid na it wont be enough. why? he has to go sa french embassy to request and he’ll be signing a form there. legal capacity will take around 45 days minimum waiting period before you’ll have it. once done and once you have all the necessary papers, you and your partner may then go at the cityhall or registrar’s office to apply for marriage license. both must be physically present coz you both will be signing there. attend the seminar and wait 10 days for the marriage banns. after this, you may then get married. civil wedding is simplier while church wedding, there’ll be several seminars pa.

  366. by joy, on April 22 2012 @ 7:51 am


    hello again cherie…pagkatapos namin makakuha nang legal capacity..kasal pagkatapos balik kami sa french embassy to apply the spouse visa…how long po ba ang hihintayin bago makuha ang spouse visa?

  367. by Cherie, on April 23 2012 @ 9:10 am


    @JOY: once you have the legal capacity and all your documents are complete for the application of marriage license, then that will be the next step. you go to the registrar’s office or cityhealth in your area, you and your partner apply for the marriage license there. he has to be present coz both of you will be signing there and then you wait 10 days for the waiting banns, attend the seminar. after 10 days, you can then marry anywhere you want. civil faster compared to church coz you’ll be attending more seminars for church wedding. after the marriage, you change your passport using your married name, change your cfo certificate carrying your married name, endorse your mc to nso and wait until you have it. once you have that, you go to the embassy for your livret de famille

  368. by arlene, on April 26 2012 @ 4:25 pm


    hi cherie

    i need your help :( is it possible nga makuha ko ug fiance visa sa july? :( kung magprocess ko this month or next month? and how much mabayaran tanan? pls help me :( i need to be in France by july i miss my french guy already soo much :( i love him a lot… :)

    thank you & god bless

  369. by engeline m., on April 27 2012 @ 3:30 am


    Hi cherie good day,
    im engel, thnx that i found ur blog here, im a filipina and im engage to germany man. Were planing to get married soon end of this yr or earlier of 2013, and i have some important question about getting married with civil wedding only…(1) madali lang ba mag process ng doc for civil wedding? (2)late regestration po ako, hndi ba yon nkakaapekto sa pag apply ng marriage license/cert.? and one more important question, if kukuha ako ng passport do u think that they will gve me more requirements bcoz of my late regestration birth cert.?

    Many thnx to u and hopping ur responds, more power.

  370. by arlene, on April 27 2012 @ 4:22 am


    bonjour cherie

    is it ok kung ako lang magproces sa documents diri sa pinas for fiancee visa?no need siya mo ari sa pinas? how much tanan mabayaran? and if magprocess ko next month is it posssible i will get the visa by july? :( cos he want me by july man gud and so do i :( i miss my french guy so much naman oi we live together in kuwait for about 3 months,now im in phils na and we decided to get married in france ASAP :( pls help me :(

    merci and god bless you always :)

  371. by joy, on April 29 2012 @ 6:44 am


    hello cherie,,livret de famille and spouse visa ay iisa lang bah?? madali lang po ba makuha and spouse visa? ilang araw po kong rush??? thanks ulit..god bless

  372. by joy, on April 30 2012 @ 5:52 am


    hello again che..may fiance is divorce….ano pa po ba ang mga requirements niya..??thanks again..and god bless

  373. by Razel, on April 30 2012 @ 12:27 pm


    hi, please advise where can we get the Certificate of Attendance and who needs to have this?

    thanks in advance! this page is a great help indeed. :)

  374. by Cherie, on April 30 2012 @ 8:59 pm


    @arlene: i wont discourage you about fiancé visa coz first, wala koy experience about ana and 2nd, if you make a research sa forum, gamay ang chances to have it. better give french embassy a call aron matagaan ka nila sa complete list of dox.

  375. by Cherie, on April 30 2012 @ 9:02 pm


    @engeline: as long as NSO office has a copy of your bc, then no problem even if you’re late registered. if the case is, you’re still processing your bc and nso doesnt have your file, then you have no choice but to endorse your doc in their office and wait until it’s in their record and you may then request a copy of your bc. without this authenticated doc issued from nso, you wont be able to start any document processing. hope that helps

  376. by Cherie, on April 30 2012 @ 9:04 pm


    @joy: FOREIGNERS
    1. Passport I.D- 2 xerox copies
    2. Date of Arrival (latest) 2 xerox copies
    3. Legal capacity – issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials – 1 orig & 3 xerox copies
    4. CENOMAR – from NSO – 1 orig & 1 xerox copy
    5. If divorced, judicial decree of absolute divorce – 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
    6. If widow/widower – death certificate of deceased spouse – 1 orig & 2 xerox copies

    livret de famille and spouse visa are completely different. you submit your marriage certificate (authenticated) sa embassy and they’ll give you the family book or livret de famille after 1 1/2 month or more. follow up lang. once you have the family book, you may then apply for spouse visa. i got mine few minutes after i applied my dox but that was back in 2007. no idea if embassy does it or you have to wait

  377. by Cherie, on April 30 2012 @ 9:06 pm


    @razel: you’ll have the certificate of attendance after attending the marriage seminar at the cityhealth or registrar’s office where you submitted your dox for the application of marriage license. if you hired a judge who’ll be conducting your civil wedding and if he knows somebody, you may evit this as he’ll help you with it pero depends if he knows someone ha

  378. by engeline m., on May 1 2012 @ 10:19 am


    Hi cherie,

    thank u alot for ur responds. Your blog helped so much to us, its amazing keep it going. Godbless you and your families. Have a good day and more power.

  379. by jeanette, on May 3 2012 @ 1:21 pm


    I have a French bf and we already applied and submitted the requirements 3 months ago but no certificate of legal capacity to marry issued yet. Will it really take that long???Or does that mean that they will not be issuing us the certificate? We sent them emails and called their office to no avail since their lines is always busy.

  380. by May, on May 7 2012 @ 5:12 am


    Hello i ask only abt the marriage if the guy get marriage ones but the marriage failed then hiwalay na po sila ng almost 6yrs ago at 3 after nagsign sila ng legal ceparation from the judge in witness if possible the guy can get marriage again? or his need a annulment b4 his get marriage again?.. thank you

  381. by ken, on May 7 2012 @ 8:33 am


    can you help me with my problem? 8yrs n aq separated w/ my previous husband. we dont have siblings and we dont have communication since den. ofcourse im thinking for my future to build my own family and to be hapi. is ders any way exept annulment? coz it’s too expensive and i dont have dat much money to spend for it. Please give me advice.

  382. by Cristal, on May 7 2012 @ 2:23 pm


    hi!ask ko lang if dual citizen ba ok lang magpakasal dito sa Pilipinas na ang gagamitin na citizenship e Filipino? Dito sya pinanganak sa Phil. Makukuha nya pa rin ba un family nya after the wedding para maging us citizen kapag ganon yun ginawa nya? Kapag kasi un US citizenship nya ang ginamit masyado madaming requirements dapat ayusin para sa wedding..thank you

  383. by hanna, on May 15 2012 @ 1:39 pm


    hi please advise me po.plan po kc namin ng bf ko na magapakasal sa civil wedding he si american guy,darating po xa d2 nextmonth pra magpakasal…the problem is kasya po ba ung 13 days na pag stay niya d2..ksi i have no idea kung kailangan pb nmin mag siminar at nabasa ko po sa comment d2 na kailangan pa niya pumunta ng us embassy sa manila pra kumuha ng legal capacity..pls advice me po..thank you

  384. by Cherie, on May 20 2012 @ 2:53 pm


    @jeanette: that’s the estimated time for the processing but sometimes, you’ll have it earlier. your choice is to keep on calling them for follow-up and tell your partner also to give them a call. lines are always busy pero that’s the best option for you to contact them

  385. by Cherie, on May 20 2012 @ 2:56 pm


    @may: so that would mean na he was legally married, right? he has to present and give you a copy of his divorce decree coz that’s the only prof na he is legally separated to his previous partner and may now get married legally to someone else

  386. by Cherie, on May 20 2012 @ 2:58 pm


    @ken: if you guys were legally married even if you guys were separated for years, you both still have to file for annullment. that’s the only choice. without this, then you’re not allowed to tie the knot with someone else and maybe your present partner could help you with this. if he understands you and wants to marry you, he’ll help you with the finances and will be patient to wait for you until you’ll have your annullment

  387. by Cherie, on May 20 2012 @ 3:00 pm


    @cristal: in my own opinion, yeah he can use his filipino citizenship to marry in pinas. after all, pinoy sya so there’s no point na bawalan sya not to marry you except if he was legally attached to someone else in the past

  388. by Cherie, on May 20 2012 @ 3:01 pm


    @cristal: continuation… except if he was legally married to someone in the past and ende sya divorce. if single and unattached, then there’s no problem

  389. by Cherie, on May 20 2012 @ 3:03 pm


    @hanna: for your partner, i have no idea kasi he’s american. im sharing only my experience with my french husband. for foreigners wishing to marry a pinay, it’s obligatory for this person to go at the embassy and to ask for legal capacity. no idea though how long it will take for them to have this document pero this is very important coz you’ll be presenting this in applying for marriage license.

  390. by Jennelyn, on May 31 2012 @ 9:01 am


    Good afternoon, I would like to ask, I am getting married this coming July, my fiance is a British Citizen, and he has already his Certificate of No Impediment(this is one of the requirements of the Church Wedding), now I am asking are we going to process the marriage license OR the church will be the one to process?

  391. by Lenny, on June 1 2012 @ 7:16 am


    I was married in the Philippines with a Japanese national and for me to have our marriage to be registered, I was required t complete this requirements to be submitted at the Japanese Embassy.
    Certificates true copies of the Japanese national’s Japanese Family Register (Koseki Tohon)
    2 originals
    Certified true copies of the birth certificate of the Philippine national
    (These copies must have the original stamps/seals of certified true copies)
    2 originals

    Japanese translations of the birth certicate of the Philippine national
    (The translator’s name must appear on these documents)
    2 originals
    Certified true copies of the marriage contract 2 originals These copies must have the stamps /seals of certified true copies and have the registration number in the city hall in the Philippines where the contract was registered. Do not submit abstracts of the marriage contract.
    2 originals
    Japanese translations of the marriage contract
    (The translator’s name must appear on these documents)
    2 originals
    Copy of the certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage
    1 copy
    Copy of the marriage license and marriage license application form
    1 copy each

    Where can I get the copy of our marriage license? And is the marriage license and marriage certificate from NSO is different? or the same?

  392. by Cherie, on June 5 2012 @ 10:41 pm


    @jennelyn: you have to process the marriage license in the area where you’ll be getting married. once you have your marriage license, you’ll be attending series of seminars too for religious wedding but i cant tell you the infos coz i have no idea about it.

  393. by Cherie, on June 5 2012 @ 10:45 pm


    @lenny: you’ll be applying the marriage license at the registrar’s office in your area. you wait 10 days from the date of submission (if your dox are complete) for the wedding banns and you’ll then have the marriage license. marriage license and marriage certificate are 2 different things. marriage license will be before the ceremony and this will allow you to marry your partner legally and this will serve as a proof na there are no oppositions for the said plan you and your partner have. marriage certificate, you’ll be signing this during the ceremony. you forward this at the nso in quezon city and you wait 3 months i guess to have a record in their system.

  394. by Giulianna, on June 12 2012 @ 3:22 am


    Hi, my Costa Rican boyfriend and I are planning to get married soon. I am a Fipina. We have been trying to check online on how to go about the documents, especially for him but cannot exactly find specifics. Also, we are planning to go back to Costa Rica after 6 months or so and stay there for good. Any advise? please help :) Thank you!

  395. by ana, on June 16 2012 @ 6:03 am


    hi! tinuod ba nga it takes 45 days makuha ang legal capacity? kung sa Manila ka mag apply 45 sad ba? salamat

  396. by soon to be mrs. lapuz, on June 24 2012 @ 10:59 am


    hello pwd ko lang ask kung ano mga dapat gawin at kunin bago ikasal sa civil??… and ung bf ko anjan sa pinas at ako naman and2 sa california…. Im 23years old next year and 26 naman sya next year … and next year around july or august namin plano mag pakasal….

  397. by Janica Napoles, on June 26 2012 @ 1:05 pm


    Hello, me and my hubby are planning to get married this year but the problem is that, i don’t know or we don’t know how to get legal capacity of marriage..he is a norwegian and planning to have our wedding in the philippines.. I appreciate if you could help us..

  398. by amy, on June 30 2012 @ 5:05 am


    we’ve been living 3yrs. together here in phil.w/my frenchie dba ung pax is not really a big thing unless i plan to work in france.Khit pax lang na plan nya hindi ba ako mahirapan sa pag apply ng visiting visa papunta sa france despite of his qualified capacity at mas prefer ko na dun nalang sya magpax sa france kasabay ng plano nya na ipakilala ako sa parents nya para khit papano my occasion.

  399. by ellie917, on July 4 2012 @ 4:55 pm


    hi miss cherie =) i’m glad i found this site when i was researching about applying for a marriage license. i do have some questions i hope you could help me out coz me and my fiancé (pinoy us citizen and divorced) are getting married this december, a civil wedding.

    1. i’ve read there is a 10day waiting period before the release of the marriage license. is this 10 working days or nonworking days? coz we only have a limited time and we badly need to know the exact number of days of waiting so that we would get married on our target date. and are there times that it exceeds 10days? or is it really fixed 10days.

    2. and about the cenomar, it’s only applicable for me right? coz he’s a us citizen and the only required from him is the affidavit from the embassy and together with his divorce papers. tama po ba ako? =)

    3. i’m 24yo and i still need the parents advice. i would like to know if is it really necessary for my parents to appear personally at the local civil registrar? i’ve seen from the internet there is a form provided for the parents’ advice, so could i just let them sign it then pass it at the local civ. registrar without them accompanying me?

    i’m hoping for your response regarding my questions. thank you so much! God bless you =)

  400. by Cherie, on July 8 2012 @ 9:59 pm


    @Giulianna: call the costa rican embassy. naturally, process to have the marriage in PI are indicated above (civil)

  401. by Cherie, on July 8 2012 @ 10:00 pm


    @ana: back in 2007, i got it 30 mins. i applied the visa. at present time, no idea. i hear na that will be the minimum

  402. by Cherie, on July 8 2012 @ 10:05 pm


    @soon to be mrs. lapuz: http://mon-bric-a-brac.com/?p=836#comment-11400 read this…. since youre below 25 years of age, i guess you’ll need to present parent’s consent

  403. by Cherie, on July 8 2012 @ 10:06 pm


    @Janica Napoles: legal capacity wll be at his embassy

  404. by Cherie, on July 8 2012 @ 10:08 pm


    @amy:im not sure about this pero better make an appointment at the embassy together with your partner. it’s a complicated subject so i’d rather don’t wanna say anything

  405. by Cherie, on July 8 2012 @ 10:11 pm


    @ellie917: 10 working days exclusing saturdays and sunday; pinoys going abroad must attend the CFO; and yes it’s necessary na your parents sign a parent’s consent paper.

  406. by pascalETvic, on July 10 2012 @ 2:59 pm


    good pm ms Cherie..My french boyfriend and i plan to get married in December..he will come back in july 21 for us to get legal capacity..im so confused about the requirements about the birthcertificate someone told me to get it red ribbon in dfa or malacanang…and i should get a cfo seminar.the agency told me i can only get cfo if i have a visa but in legal capacity cfo is required.i hope u can help me im confused in it.thank u and GOD bless

  407. by Cherie, on July 10 2012 @ 10:20 pm


    pascalETvic: you need to submit an authenticated bc sa embassy, meaning, with the seal from the dfa and red ribbon from the malacanang. for the cfo, you can get the cfo certificate before your wedding as it’s obligatory but make sure you have a passport with you and to bring photos of you and your partner coz they’ll be parang investigating as to how’s your relationship with your bf, plans etc which is normal as their main concern is our safety. after the wedding and once you have all the doxs also, you have to come back again sa cfo coz they’ll change your certificate carrying your married name and this is obligatory as the immigration will check this before your departure

  408. by pascalETvic, on July 10 2012 @ 10:43 pm


    ah so kailangan ko pang pumuntang dfa or malacanang to have it red ribbon or sa nso lang kukuha?thank u for the reply ms cherie ..it helps me alot..TC and GOD bless

  409. by Kristine Ann Galado, on July 14 2012 @ 8:29 am


    Hi Cherie,

    Your website is very informative, i already got important info re docs needed for marrying naturalized citizens or foreigners… My bf and i are planning to get married on January 2013 and he intend to come here 3 days before our chosen date. I know we need to accomplish the necessary docs for legality purposes but 1 thing i want to know, was there any instance that a naturalized citizen can get a CENOMAR here in the Phil? i’ve read some websites about Church wedding Req’s and they said it’s either or Pls correct me if i’m wrong, an attorney can speed up the process which means my bf need not to go to the US embassy here in PI to get the Affidavit for Legal Capacity… If it’s really possible, can u give me a ballpark figure how much would it be? or my first conclusion is correct about the CENOMAR thingy?



  410. by Cherie, on July 27 2012 @ 9:54 pm


    pascalETvic: you need to go at the NSO first to have an authenticated copy of the document you need. then you go to dfa and then malacanang for the red ribbon

  411. by Cherie, on July 27 2012 @ 9:58 pm


    Kristine Ann Galado: you only need a judge (for civil wedding and if he has this kind of service in processing the dox) for civil wedding and NOT FOR RELIGOUS WEDDING. all foreigners must personally request for the legal capacity in their respective embassy. a judge or anybody else couldn’t ask for this so YOUR BF must go in his embassy and must request for the legal capacity. i submitted a cenomar (from nso and from my partner’s country) as proof na he is single and has no attachments

  412. by ana, on August 1 2012 @ 10:42 am


    pascalETvic, no need to go to cfo if u apply for legal capacity.ive submitted all the documents in applying for the legal capacity and the assistant consul Mr. Dela Victorie did not ask for the cfo certificate. u can only have ur cfo once u are married.go to cfo office and submit the documents they asked from u.one is the marriage certificate and passport with ur new surname.if i were u, no need to undergo to the agency. u can do it for urself. u just wasted ur money in the agency. the agency just file ur papers but ur still the one who will submit and appear personally to the embassy.no appointment needed there.

  413. by ana, on August 1 2012 @ 10:49 am


    regarding about red ribbon for the bcertificate, you can do it at DHL. it depends if u want rush or not rush. as what ive remembered, i paid P500 for not rush. it takes only 1 week.its very cheap than going to the agency.

  414. by julie, on August 3 2012 @ 5:34 am


    hi ms cheri,me nd my french fiancee were planning to get married here in phili nd he will come here this september to apply for legal capacity do i have to take seminar for CFO first nd bring it wth me wen we go to the embassy?nd wth regards to the CENOMAR of my fiancee i will take it here in phili or is it equivalent wth the certificat de celibataire?hope to hear from u soon..merci bcp..:)

  415. by evangelyn, on August 5 2012 @ 12:20 pm


    Hi Ms.Cherie,
    maraming salamat at maramiang natutulungan sa blog mong ito. Ms.Cherie, puwedi bang mkahingi ng idea kung anu-ano ang mga questions sa interview sa pag-apply ng legal capacity sa embassy? hindi kc gaanong nkakapag-salita ng english iyong bf ko at ako nman hindi nkakapag-salita ng french.
    maraming salamat & more power!

  416. by Cherie, on August 5 2012 @ 9:20 pm


    @JULIE: click this —>>> http://mon-bric-a-brac.com/?p=836 ….yes, you submit his certificat de celibataire & u also secure a cenomar from the nso. this will serve as a proof if he was married to someone before sa pinas or if he has no record (meaning single)

  417. by Cherie, on August 5 2012 @ 9:21 pm


    evangelyn: dont worry for the interview. basic questions lang like when do you guys plan to get married, what kind of ceremony, where. mga ganyan lang

  418. by Dan, on August 6 2012 @ 8:24 am


    Hello, thank you for this informative article that you shared to us. however, just to strengthen my research about nullity or void of marriage certificate, i would like to know, if, the first thing you need to do is to visit the office of local registrar and apply for a valid marriage license no. prior to the day of marriage?

  419. by rhiney, on August 7 2012 @ 2:53 pm


    hello poh and good evening i-coconsult ko lng po…may required ba kung ilan days dapat mag stay ang isang foreigner bago ikasal dito sa philippines???…kasi poh me and my boyfriend is planning to have a rush wedding…he is from india….kaya poh namin ni rush kasi paalis nah poh aq pa australia this september…which is sa september din ang punta nya dito sa philippines…and one thing po how long will the premarital counselling and family planning take???alam kung super super rush…pero we badly want to get married…actually dapat sa december pa ang wedding..kaso na bago ang plans namin..kasi na-grant ang visa ko pa australia…sana masagot nyo agad yung mga question ko..thank you po..

  420. by Cherie, on August 8 2012 @ 9:27 am


    DAN: naturally, local registrar’s office has a copy of your annullment right after the annullment. you have to ask for endorsement right after this and forward this endorsement to NSO, that way, NSO office itself will have their own copy. authenticated documents all come from the NSO OFFICE so this is very important. you may submit a 3 months old docs and not necessarily 10 days old document.

  421. by Cherie, on August 8 2012 @ 9:33 am


    rhiney: civil ba? naturally 1 day lang for the family planning pero if you want church wedding, nako no idea ako dyan and you have to attend series of seminars for religious ceremony. pero better you give a visit or a call in your area where you’ll be applying for your marriage license and ask them about it para sigurado and take an appointment sched once nakapagdecide ka kung anong petsa kung gusto mo pero dapat, you and your partner must be present for the seminars. for your question, after 21 days he has to apply for a visa. wedding nyo should be WITHIN the timeframe kung hanggan kelan valid yung marriage license. meaning, before it expires pero im not sure kung me expiration ang marriage license or if it’s valid or a year or 3 months or 1 month.

  422. by Riza, on August 22 2012 @ 7:48 am


    hi, good day, gusto ko lng po mag ask ng help. May bf po ako for 3 years, canadian po sya. We’re planning to get married this september kaso mag sstay lng sya ng 21 days. 18 yrs old lng po aq, nkita ko sa requirements na need ko pa ng guardians, my mom died eto lng august, ung father ko nmn inabandona kmi so hindi ko alam san ko hhagilapin ttay ko pero im still living with my granny.
    pwde ko po ba syang i present as my guardian? pano po ba proseso nun? kelangan po ba nming pumunta muna sa canadian embassy before kmi mag pkasal? is it possible din po ba na mag pa rush kmi? tnx a lot. godbless

  423. by Cherie, on August 22 2012 @ 9:04 pm


    riza: for canadian citizen, i have no idea if yung processing is the same just like sa french embassy ha. only thing im sure of is that you’ll be needing his legal capacity so yes, he has to go at the embassy and request for this document kasi you have to present this in applying for marriage license. for your guardian, your granny will do. just explain them the situation. your granny will be signing a document there saying na she’s aware of your decision.

  424. by Riza, on August 22 2012 @ 10:34 pm


    thnk you so much po te. :)

  425. by annaa, on September 30 2012 @ 3:27 am


    Thank you for this straightforward and very helpful sight! Awesome! I need your help pls with the following:

    My fiance and myself are both Filipinos and beyond age 25 – he’s 32 and I am 35. We already have our cenomar. In securing a marriage license, the law requires parental advice for those aged 22-25 but doesn’t say anything for those aged 26 and beyond. Should we still ‘bother’ to present a parental advice?

    Secondly, we completed our premarital counseling thru our local church. Are we still required to undergo the premarital counseling/family planning seminar in the local civil registry office?

    Also, we are on a very tight budget and I am just thinking of skipping any ceremonies whatsoever. I am not a starry-eyed bride-to-be anyway and I would rather work on having a valid, binding marriage than a pretentious wedding ceremony. (Pardon if this sounds bitter but I think you know what I’m saying). Since both parties are required to appear before the local civil registry in filing an application for a marriage license and that there is a prescribed 10-day waiting period for the release of the license, can the date of release of the marriage license be then considered as our wedding date?

    Lastly, is there any difference between a marriage contract and a marriage license? Aren’t they one and the same?

    I look forward to your prompt response.

    Sleepless Wife-to-Be

  426. by annaa, on September 30 2012 @ 3:33 am


    Erratum: helpful *site!

    I hope to hear from you soon.

    Still sleepless.

  427. by annaa, on September 30 2012 @ 3:49 am



    Pasintabi lang po kasi baka may ma-offend dun sa earlier comment ko.. Weddings are lovely and they really are worth all the hassle and preparation. Kaso po ako kasi yung medjo napaso or na-trauma sa mga fairy tale-like dream weddings that end up in divorce, in separation, or the groom or the bride decides to have amnesia on thewedding day. I know I don’t need to explain myself but just in case po may masaktan, I do apologize in advance. Once again, madam cherie, thank you for this helpful site! God bless your marriage and your legacy!

    Still sleepless,

  428. by Cherie, on October 9 2012 @ 7:35 am


    @annaa: 1, no need to present parents’ consent since you’re both above 25. 2., not sure ako ha kasi i only had civil wedding pero i guess no need na. 3., for your wedding date, you may choose to either have your ceremony the same day (release day) of your marriage license or other dates kung kelan ka ikakasal. meaning, legal ceremony will be your wedding date na will appear in your marriage certificate. 4. marriage license is only a license that allows you to have the ceremony and as a proof na you’ve submitted all the dox required, you’ve attend the seminars asked & no oppositions of the said plan. you can’t have the ceremony without marriage license also. while marriage certificate is a document na voila, parang finality of your singlehood kumbaga na you are legally married already with your partner with all the infos written. tapos you have to forward this document to nso para magkarecord kayo sa office nila.

  429. by angel, on November 4 2012 @ 3:28 pm


    hello po mam..ask ko lng po yung 10days wedding bann po ba eh saktong 10days lng tlga including nonworking days?.(sat.and sunday).kc po 14days lng stay ng future husband ko s pinas..pls.help…thanks

  430. by Leslie, on November 7 2012 @ 9:07 am


    HI! im about to get married with a Filipino-American here in Pasig. I just want to know how much will it cost us and if he can get a copy of CENOMAR in any NSO office here in Manila. He’s been here for more than a year. Thaks!

  431. by Malou, on November 14 2012 @ 3:00 am


    Good morning to everyone. Please help. I’d appreciate any help/response to my queries.

    I am a filipina and soon to get married, my partner is from Malta (Maltese citizen). My questions are, Do we still have time to get wed in civil first before the church wedding which will happen on April 2013? What are the requirements needed for me and my fiance for the civil wedding?

    Thank you and I hope to hear from anyone.

  432. by Cherie, on November 17 2012 @ 1:36 am


    @angel: i guess 10 days excluding sat & sunday

  433. by Cherie, on November 17 2012 @ 1:38 am


    @leslie: pag over the country, no idea ako how much it cost kasi i always order it online and have it delivered at home. see the infos here https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/Requester.aspx

  434. by Cherie, on November 17 2012 @ 1:39 am


    @malou: you’ll find the answer of your questions here http://mon-bric-a-brac.com/?p=836#comment-11649

    i guess you still have enough time but this will depend if you comply all the requirements na embassy will be asking you

  435. by Karie, on November 20 2012 @ 8:28 am


    hi, just wanna ask if it is possible to get a marriage license in the absence of the other person? and without his consent? Is that marriage considered valid?

  436. by star, on December 17 2012 @ 11:29 am


    hi cherie im glad to find ur site coz i really want to know evrything bfit i merried..by the way me and my bf planning to get merreid nextyear april can help me to know all documents i need he is australia i want to ask all requirment bfor he come and how long its take?? its a good to do all requirment early bfor the wedding?? pls help me i forget he is single father and im single..thank u very much…

  437. by Cherie, on January 4 2013 @ 10:57 pm


    @Karie: im afraid no coz that person has to sign the paper

  438. by Cherie, on January 4 2013 @ 10:59 pm



    list of complete dox above and in this link below —> http://mon-bric-a-brac.com/?p=836#comment-11768

  439. by Herschelle Love Zeta, on January 7 2013 @ 10:28 am


    me and my french fiance is getting married on may this year. thanks a lot for this helpful blog! :)

  440. by Cecille, on February 9 2013 @ 3:02 am


    Hi Cherie,

    I found your site via Google and I want to ask if you have a separate list of requirements for couples wanting to get married after living together for more than 5 years.


  441. by sarah, on February 19 2013 @ 1:25 pm


    hi, im a filipina, i have german bf, i met him in a dating site, he wants to marry me even we gonna 1st only met in real in sept. 2013, it is ok we be marry even we only 1st met in sept. 2013? and it is required to germany that my birth certificate, my passport and my CENOMAR will have a “DFA red ribbon” or must be authenticated because its a requirements to get the certificate of legal to contract marraige of my german bf, and what is the difference of the 3′s certificate of legal to contract marraige,certificate of impediment and CENOMAR? i hope to hear your reply soon, have a good day to you.

  442. by sarah, on February 19 2013 @ 1:37 pm


    and also where he can get the certificate of legal to contract marraige in civil registry their in germany or when he here in sept. 2013 in german embassy here in phils.?

  443. by anonymous gurl, on February 21 2013 @ 7:38 am


    please i want an advice to my problem…….my problem is i got marriage here in japan at 1994.and now me and my husband want to marriage in philippines,what papers and where we need to submit the documents to get marriage in philippine?second problem can we combine the month,year & date in our marriage contract in first that we got marriage here in a first?

  444. by Cherie, on March 2 2013 @ 12:23 pm


    @Cecille: requirements listed above already whether you guys lived in more than 5 years or not

  445. by Cherie, on March 2 2013 @ 12:28 pm


    @sarah: normally, embassies always asked for authenticated documents like birth and marriage certificated. all foreigners wishing to marry a filipina in pinas must get a legal capacity in their respective embassy. for german embassy, better na you give them a call or ask your partner to give them a call or visit their site. no idea if the processing and the timeline in applying for legal capacity will be the same. requirements above are for filipinos and foreigners with their corresponding present status who wish to have a ceremony in pinas (civil wedding). other docx and seminars for religious wedding pero no idea what are those)

  446. by Cherie, on March 2 2013 @ 12:29 pm


    @ anonymous gurl: better call japan embassy and ask them. as he is foreigner, normally he has to request for legal capacity

  447. by janice, on March 3 2013 @ 7:07 am


    hi cherie,you are such a blessing. my french fiance are planning to get married as soon as possible this year so i can be with him. Thanks for all the information. I”ll be starting to accomplish all the papers soon. But just a question, when you get your spouse visa and you moved to france, did you have to renew your visa? is it easy to find jobs for us filipinas? I am a nurse here in saudi and not sure if i can find a nursing job there.
    By the way, which city are you in france? my Fiance wanted me to check if there is any filipino community hehe.
    more power!

  448. by janice, on March 3 2013 @ 7:12 am


    hi again, just a follow up question. becuase my fiance and i are still thinking where to get married 1ST, PI or France to have visa faster. Can you give any suggestion?
    thanks again.

  449. by jennifer joy paculio, on March 7 2013 @ 9:45 am


    Hi there!pnoy couple po kami..we have a difficult situation.me and my partner were planning to settle down but my partner is already tied knots 2005,but they separated when my bf flew to riyadh..and his x wife had a relationship with other man and got pregnant but she got miscarriage and lost the baby..but she had already told my bf na di na sya makikipagbalikan pa..when i came back here in the philippines,i went to city hall and ask for marriage requirements and they gave me a form and it requires cenomar..on my part im certified single..can you give me an advise on what to do with our situation?

  450. by karen, on March 9 2013 @ 8:28 pm


    hello ate
    im here again
    1 yr n k d2 s france,,ask lng ako about talking french,,how long k nging fluent of speaking their language?
    ang hirap!!!huhuhuh

  451. by gaysky, on March 14 2013 @ 6:30 am


    hi gud day,i have a problem to get marriage license bec.im her in hongkong @ i have only 14days vacation,it is ok dat only my bf do all the seminar @ go to regestrar,bt my father get all the requirement already,the problem is the regestrar not allow bec.im not there,pls.help m what to do….im going home soon.

  452. by gaysky, on March 14 2013 @ 8:16 am


    pls.w8 q po relpy nio wat dpt qung gwin

  453. by CHRIS, on March 14 2013 @ 10:06 pm


    I was married in India in a civil wedding but was a baptised catholic at the time. I now wish to marrymy fillipina fiancee – she is also catholic – in the catholic church. Can you confirm that I do not have to have my previous marriage annulled?

  454. by macherie, on April 9 2013 @ 1:13 pm


    @chris: your previous marriage must be annulled first in india. in the eyes of law, you are considered MARRIED even if you’re physically separated with your previous partner. so meaning, you cant marry your filipina partner if you’re previous marriage is not annulled so work for that first

  455. by macherie, on April 9 2013 @ 1:14 pm


    @gaysky: sorry my site was hacked so medyo magulo site ko

  456. by macherie, on April 9 2013 @ 1:15 pm


    @gaysky: you have to be physically present for the seminar kasi nga couple kayo, meaning dalawa kayo and ende yung partner mo lang ang present.

  457. by macherie, on April 9 2013 @ 1:21 pm


    @karen: depende yan kung gaano ka kapursige matuto lolz. advice ko lang, always watch news in french and read anything in french para mahasa ka lalo na sa pandinig. avoid watching pinoy movies or teleseryes all the time. dont be afraid to go out and talk to people in french kahit na grammar is incorrect. that’s one way of learning

  458. by macherie, on April 9 2013 @ 1:27 pm


    @jennifer: even if your partner and the ex wife are now separated, in the eyes of law, they are considered MARRIED so they have to annull their marriage first kasi hindi ka pwdeng makasal

  459. by macherie, on April 9 2013 @ 1:29 pm


    @janice: marriage in pinas = spouse visa…processing is kinda long pero sure sya…. marriage in france= fast and easy pero chances of having the visa to enter here in france is really LOW

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

Name: (Required)

eMail: (Required)



CommentLuv badge

To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the security word shown in the picture. Click on the picture to hear an audio file of the word.
Anti-spam image



Filipina, currenly living in Bordeaux, happily married to a french guy, mother of a handsome boy and loving the french life. Danseuse orientale Bordeaux pour vos soires et etc., contactez-moi au anna.orientale@yahoo.com. Cours de danse orientale sur le secteur de Bordeaux et Le Bouscat, ​​​LUNDI 18h30 - 19h30 Dbutante​ et 19h30 - 20h30 Intermdiaire 1​; MARDI 19h00 - 20h00 Dbutante​ et ​MERCREDI 14h00 - 15h00 Enfants. Adhsion obligatore 20 par lve /an Rduction 2 par mois (demandeur d'emploi, tudiantes)