I’ve received several emails this morning from couples (filipino-french nationals) who thanked me for the informative infos I posted weeks ago. It’s about the requirements for marriage in Philippines between Filipino & French nationalities and documents to submit for the application for spousal visa. In connection to this subject, I’ll be posting these important instructions as well for the authentication of documents from the following offices IN PROPER ORDER:

1. A. Civil Registry Division of the National Statistics Office (NSO)
VIBAL Bldg., corner EDSA & Times St;, West Triangle QC
NOTE: Authenticated copy from the NSO should be in security paper
- Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate and Singleness (Certificate of No Marriage) are available here only.

- if it is a recent event which the LOCAL CIVIL REGISTRAR (LCR) has not yet transmitted to the NSO, a CERTIFICATION OF NO RECORD will be issued. In this case, ask for a certified true copy (not a certification) of the document from and signed by the LCR where the event occured. It should bear a REGISTRY NUMBER. Bring this certified copy for authentication together with the CERTIFICATION OF NO RECORD to:

B. Authentication Unit of the National Statistics Office (NSO)
East Avenue, Quezon City

2. Legal Section of the Office of the President (Malacanang)
Ombudsman Building, J.P. Laurel Street, Malacanang, San Miguel, Manila
NOTE: I’m not sure if the address is still the same

3.    Legal Section of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
2330 Libertad St., Corner Roxas Bldvd., Pasay City

In my case, I had a problem with my birth certificate and I don’t have a record in NSO. The process was a bit long for me but everything was fast in NSO Manila (Pasay branch). Instead of submitting my docs in the normal way in QC, the people in NSO Pasay just scanned my birth certificate and electronic transferred it in the main branch. In less than 30 minutes, I have my necessary papers on hand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

27 Comments so far »

  1. by jhona, on October 8 2008 @ 8:21 am


    hello sis how r u?

    btw, tagged u..

  2. by tonet, on February 25 2009 @ 7:27 pm


    Hello there,

    your blog is very informative and i am learning from this.
    Like you, I have a french boyfriend, but we are not rushing things. I prefer to organize and plan everything ahead to avoid hassles. Especially now, the new French president is really strict on everything.
    My boyfriend already visited me here (in Philippines) and we are planning for second meeting. He wants me to visit France. He is now processing attestaion d’accueil. What is bothering me is being denied of the visa ( as you know, new strict rules.

    I hope you can give some information and tips about this.
    And which is better and easier, coming to France through Student or tourist visa.

    Thank you very much in advance.

  3. by julie ann, on March 3 2009 @ 5:36 pm


    hi, i would like to thank u for having such a wonderful n informative site. i am planning to get married to my french boyfriend this year. ur blog will help us a lot..
    thanks so much. god bless

  4. by Joanne Haya Molina, on May 12 2009 @ 4:41 am


    Hi there,

    I had been reading your blog as a guidance in processing our papers. My Fiancee and i are actually based in the UAE for work, at the moment he is in France for short vacation. We are planning to get married in the UAE, I have contacted our embassy to inquire about their requirement for the marriage. As stated we need to take the Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage, in order to process this my Fiancee has to provide a Certificate of Civil Status. Since he is now in France, would you know where he can take this document from?
    Appreciate it.
    Thank you so much

  5. by Cherie, on May 12 2009 @ 11:17 am


    haya, sent you an email already. just check it

  6. by Beckie, on November 24 2009 @ 3:48 pm


    Hi My Name is Beckie.
    I am Ugandan, my fiance and I would like to get married soon. He is French.

    Should we marry in France or in Uganda?
    If we married in France would I need to get back to Uganda to process my residence papers?

  7. by Cherie, on November 26 2009 @ 4:24 pm


    hi beckie,

    first wanna say thanks for dropping by here and then congrats to you and to your fiancé.

    to answer your question if you and him should marry in france or in uganda, it depends to both of you as to where you guys would like to marry. wedding is one of the memorable moments in a couple’s lives you know so talk to him about it. for the papers, i cant really answer your question because i dont know nothing about it but i guess you’ll have some paperworks to do in your country that you’ll be needing to submit when applying for a spouse visa at the french embassy. the only thing im not sure of is if you’ll be presenting the same papers as what i submitted before. better call the embassy for more infos and to really make sure

  8. by marianne, on May 13 2010 @ 7:26 am



    I would like to have a constant communication with you if you are free for my inquiries.. thanks!

  9. by rose, on May 26 2010 @ 12:23 am


    helo cheri, saan ba sa manila pwede mgpa medical kc its one of the requirements to have wedding in france…paano mkakuha ng publication banns and non opposite certificate?

  10. by Geraldine, on March 2 2011 @ 5:23 pm



    i just had a few questions regarding my singleness since im going to marry a norwegian man i dont know how that singleness to be processed i asked nso and dfa but they say nothing seems like they dont want to help so i hope your site can help it…i was thinking of sending my mom in malakanyang to get my singleness but i dont know how its to be done..where specifically in malakanyang should she go and what are the requirements she need to bring?hope to here answers from you..

  11. by Cherie, on March 4 2011 @ 10:47 pm


    @marianne: sure, as long as i have the infos ba and will help you in some ways, then i’m just right here or you may pm me sa ym anytime filipinaprincess0827

  12. by Cherie, on March 4 2011 @ 10:49 pm


    @rose: fiancée visa ka? i wish you luck dear :-). for medical exam, i guess you can do it anywhere pero para sigurado, embassy has allies where you could have your medical exam. check their brochures coz they have it at the couloir or ask the secretary. publication banns for your wedding will be in france once you and your partner submitted already the complete docs required for the wedding

  13. by Cherie, on March 4 2011 @ 10:52 pm


    @geraldine: singless is called CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage Record) and you could ask that in any NSO offices or you may purchase it online http://www.census.gov.ph/. nso office will issue that to you in an authenticated paper. no idea if your embassy is asking you to have it authenticated sa dfa and malacanang but if yes, you have to get a copy first sa nso, bring it sa dfa and then sa malacanang for the red ribbon. you have to follow it step by step or else they wont accept your paper

  14. by stadist, on June 20 2011 @ 9:52 pm


    do you know how to secure authenticated birth and marriage cert in abroad?Pls help thanks

  15. by peyt, on June 27 2011 @ 12:37 pm


    I’m getting married in January. my guy used to be a Filipino citizen and now is a British national. just wanna ask if u have encountered someone who applied the marriage license without the partner? what we actually plan to do is send his docs over here and get everything done here by myself.

  16. by Najar Anig, on November 2 2011 @ 11:28 am


    I am a indian working in Dubai and want to get married to my girl friend in Dipolog. Now when i went to the City Hall they asked me to get the Single Certificate. Please can you advise if anyone in the PHillipines could help us out as it is very difficult for me to get from india and in dubai. i have already visited my girl friend twice and we want to get married now. Please help me in some way if anyone can help us to get married without that Singel certificate or create one in Phillipines for me.

  17. by Cherie, on November 5 2011 @ 12:28 pm


    @stadist: you could order it online at https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp and have it delivered anywhere you want. or, you may ask any of your family to get it on your behalf. dox issued from nso are already authenticated since it’s printed in a secpa paper.

  18. by Cherie, on November 5 2011 @ 12:30 pm


    @peyt: wedding will be in pinas ba? if yes, you and your partner will be signing the form (for marriage license)

  19. by Cherie, on November 5 2011 @ 12:33 pm


    @najar: i guess you’re referring to certificate of singleness here in philippines. correct me if im wrong but city hall will also ask you to present this one and you may get it in any NSO offices in philippines or you may request it at https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp and have it delivered anywhere you want. they’ll be asking you for this because the government wants to make sure that you are legally single and you can legally married your partner.

  20. by Najar Anig, on November 22 2011 @ 2:03 pm


    Sorry i was so busy could not get a chance to see i got replied thank you so much. yes city hall also asked us in Diplog where my wife is. See the problem is i am working in Dubai and it is long procedure and i already went twice to Dipolog to meet her and got approval from her parents and we also went to the church and put our rings. I just wanted to konw if there is some agent in Phillipines who will do everything for us or if you could help. i am ready to pay the amoung or fees charge for it/ Please help me…

  21. by Cherie, on November 24 2011 @ 9:21 am


    @najar: sorry to hear that but that’s how it is in Philippines. My husband went back and fourth too before we got married but instead of thinking of the stress of the wedding, think it as a vacation with your partner. i dont know anyone in dipolog but ask your partner to roam around at the capitol or maybe her friends know somebody. church wedding is always complicated coz they’re strict but with civil wedding, you’ll have the ceremony fast and have the ceremony anywhere you want (beach wedding, at the resto or anywhere). mostly of the time, the judge who’ll be conducting your ceremony will offer you that they’ll do all the paperworks. pricey but you’ll surely won’t be attending the marriage seminar

  22. by Najar Anig, on December 1 2011 @ 1:48 pm


    yes that is true my wife is too you can say like she is not used to checking all this, she is only 21 now. i just want to know if any one to just make a singel status certificate as getting from Dubai is very difficult and then iam indian to get from a court there and then Dubai it is all long procedure. where do you live in phillipines. can you help me and could someone help there. i could do the payment for the cost. please help me

  23. by Cherie, on December 3 2011 @ 2:13 pm


    @najar: she can order it online at https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp have it delivered abroad or going to her adress in philippines

  24. by athena, on December 15 2011 @ 10:45 am


    Hi Cherie,

    Me and my boyfriend are planning to get married in the Philippines next yr by February. Currently, we are both working here in UAE. I would like to ask you, while I am still here can my sister in the Phils get all the requirements(in NSO)in behalf of me, that we need for marriage? My boyfriend is Turkish-Italian, and he’s holding two passports of both countries (Turkey & Italy) with different names. My problem is, should I ask him to provide a capacity of singleness for both countries?. I just want to make sure that he’s Single. Pls advice..:) Thanks a lot.

  25. by Cherie, on December 18 2011 @ 10:02 pm


    @athena; i answered you in the other page where you left me an inquiry. for the singleness, i’ll suggest na you secure both. i did that para sigurado pero in my case, they only looked for the cenomar sa pinas para makasigurado na wala syang record na ikinasal sya sa atin.

  26. by alicia, on March 16 2012 @ 1:28 pm




  27. by Cherie, on March 16 2012 @ 6:12 pm


    @alicia: for the agency, i can’t recommend you anything. for your visa, i understand na you got denied twice. if you’ll search it over the net, mas dako ang tendency sa denial of visas sa european countries for tourist and fiancée visa (so many things to consider). spouse visa ang mas sure but of course, the processing are kinda long kay mostly of the french really take their time to propose someone for marriage but once they’ll pop up that question, they’re sure of it

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

Name: (Required)

eMail: (Required)



CommentLuv badge

To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the security word shown in the picture. Click on the picture to hear an audio file of the word.
Anti-spam image



Filipina, currenly living in Bordeaux, happily married to a french guy, mother of a handsome boy and loving the french life. Danseuse orientale Bordeaux pour vos soires et etc., contactez-moi au anna.orientale@yahoo.com. Cours de danse orientale sur le secteur de Bordeaux et Le Bouscat, ​​​LUNDI 18h30 - 19h30 Dbutante​ et 19h30 - 20h30 Intermdiaire 1​; MARDI 19h00 - 20h00 Dbutante​ et ​MERCREDI 14h00 - 15h00 Enfants. Adhsion obligatore 20 par lve /an Rduction 2 par mois (demandeur d'emploi, tudiantes)